Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my car keeps throwing a p0522 codes. this code is oil pressure sensor low voltage. i am wondering why i keep throwing this code because i am at about 65 -70 psi when i am driving. it only happens when i floor the car and i am coming down in revs. is there any way the sensor could be bad or dirty. f i drive the car normal without ever really opening it up it doesnt throw the code. i am really confused on this one....

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
You most likely have a bad pressure sending unit.

·
Registered
408 Posts
sensor

I had the same issue and those guys are right it is a sensor that is threaded in the back of the block. I replaced mine and I have never had the problem again. My light came on when I did a Royal Purple oil change and used a fram filter. I will never use that shit again.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
inspect your oil pressure switch see if it looks normal.

The oil pressure switch is located on the right rear side of the engine block. The oil pressure switch is a pressure sensitive switch that is activated by the engine's oil pressure. The switch is a two terminal device (one terminal is provided to the wiring harness and the other terminal is the switch's metal housing that screws into the engine block).

The oil pressure switch is normally ?Closed.? The switch changes from a "Closed" circuit to an "Open" circuit, on increasing pressure of 7 psig. The oil pressure switch changes from an "Open" circuit to a "Closed" circuit, on decreasing pressure, between 2 psig and 4 psig.

1. heat shield
2. oil filter
3. switch

·
Registered
2 Posts
my car keeps throwing a p0522 codes. this code is oil pressure sensor low voltage. i am wondering why i keep throwing this code because i am at about 65 -70 psi when i am driving. it only happens when i floor the car and i am coming down in revs. is there any way the sensor could be bad or dirty. f i drive the car normal without ever really opening it up it doesnt throw the code. i am really confused on this one....
i have replaced my oil pressure sending unit 5 times.. every one of them have leaked. the new one is a month old and it is leaking. not from the threads but from the center of the unit where the wires are.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have replaced my oil pressure sending unit 5 times.. every one of them have leaked. the new one is a month old and it is leaking. not from the threads but from the center of the unit where the wires are. i also run mobil 1 high milage 10w30.my car has 172000 miles on it and still runs like a raped ape.

·
Premium Member
3,503 Posts
i have replaced my oil pressure sending unit 5 times.. every one of them have leaked. the new one is a month old and it is leaking. not from the threads but from the center of the unit where the wires are. i also run mobil 1 high milage 10w30.my car has 172000 miles on it and still runs like a raped ape.
did you replace it with the same brand every time? did you use an OEM sensor?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts