Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
need some help i keep getting the p0456 code and a check engine light and i can not find what the problam is i keep resetting the car by disconnecting the battery and it goes away for a few days but then comes back i have check to make sure the gas cap is on tight and i never fill the tank past half full so i have run out of ideas also i have a small water leak but i dont think that would cause the code not sure though. the code stands for a small evap leak, any help would be great thanks.

·
Registered
219 Posts
look underneath your car at all your evap hoses. a small split in any of the lines at your vapor canister or detector can cause it. detector & canister are near your rear right wheel.
good luck!

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
this sounds stupid but i looked under the car and i can not tell what the evap hoses and vapor canister look like any help what they look like and where they are thanks

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
went to pickup knew plugs at napa so i asked the guy if he had any ideas and he said that maybe the gas cap went bad because they test them when you get your emmision done.

·
Registered
219 Posts
black plastic canister directly behind gas tank on pass side. 3 black rubber hoses coming off it, I believe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts