Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone been able to keep this code from returning? I have reset mine 3 times already and it comes back on within a week. Should I take it to the dealer or just start replacing - plugs, wires, injectors.

Thanks!

·
Registered
382 Posts
ATtheTRACK said:
Has anyone been able to keep this code from returning? I have reset mine 3 times already and it comes back on within a week. Should I take it to the dealer or just start replacing - plugs, wires, injectors.

Thanks!
Had the code once, dealer found nothing, reset code, been fine since! You may as well start replacing

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I get the code all the time. Replaced plugs, wires. It only pops on when it bogs during a cold start of sitting a few days. Go figure.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Check to see if there is any corrosion on the number 4 plug and wire...also if you have a volt meter, run an ohms check to see if there is high resistance through the wire. I take it that you're running on stock wires? If you are, is your number 4 wire turning white? If it is, buy a new set wires, and get a heat shield from Modern Performance for the coil pack.

·
Registered
709 Posts
ATtheTRACK said:

Thanks!
Why would you start replacing parts that you don't even know are bad?? That makes no sense. Your car is under warranty, take it in and let the dealer figure it out, and let DC pay for it.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
my check engine light is on at the moment and the car runs fine once it warms up. Im still going to take it into the dealer later this week. Im thinking about switching the number 3 and 4 injector and see if that matters cuz i just got brand new plugs and wires.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts