Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
car started sputtering, wouldn't rev past 2200 rpms or so... can someone tell me WTF

cyl 1 misfire and Camshaft Position Sensor Circuit Intermittent. are they related?

·
Registered
61 Posts
What ever happened with this for you? I just my car out of the dealer and they gave me the same code and replaced cyl#1 spark plug. Also told me they loaded some software updates... But it still feels like it is doing the same thing it was before.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my CAI was rubbing on the connector for the cam position sensor, causing it to back out a little bit and consequently trigger that code. for the other... i replaced the plugs too, but just a few days ago got it again...0301, so i think something else may be amiss.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the cam position sensor is on the forward driver's side of the cylinder head, right where the valve cover meets the head. it's black and has 2 bolts attaching it to the head. my CAI was rubbing on the connector and had loosened it enough to trigger the 0344 code, the other code was a misfire, and that could be related to the 0344 but could also have been other number of things. i dodn't have any problems now... knock on wood, check that connector though. oh and that connector has one of those red locking tabs on it just so you know.

hope that helps.

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
oh i know what thing your talkin about.. i fogot to plug that in once... didn't thought a code though... i cleaned my spark plugs and fixed my problem so i went out yesterday and bought new spark plugs works good now..

·
Registered
161 Posts
same problem

well i am having the same problem..but my code is camshaft position sensor malfunction...i made a mistake and put the car back into 1st from 2nd and the rpms acted out....now i cant go past 2200 rpms....but i have to replace the whole sensor...bad mistake on my part..

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
i had the same problem last night.... turns out my AGP CAI was rubbing on the sensor.. with all the vibration i get with the AGP dogbones it caused it to work its way out... but thanks to the forums i found out what the problem was.. THANKS ALOT fellas

·
Registered
287 Posts
A most helpful post....didnt realize that my positive battery post was exposed and it made contact with my CAI. It caused code P0344.

Well I covered the positive post, made sure the cam was nice and tight, and reset the ECU....all is good now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.