Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I am new to the whole SRT scene but figured i could maybe help some people out with what i have heard is a very common problem. Recently got the p0113 IAT sensor circuit high output code on my 04 srt. I had read that its common that the wiring can be faulty but the sensor itself goes bad alot aswell. So first thing i checked was if the sensor was getting power. I removed the sensor from the charge pipe (just down from the TB) and unplugged the sensor from the socket. Then used my multimeter and tested for voltage. You should get very close to 5.0v ( i checked with the car off and the key in the on position), i got 4.97v, so i knew the sensor was getting the correct amount of power. a reading of 0v at the plug would symbolize a open in the circuit, a reading of substantially less than 5v would be a short.
So knowing that there was nothing wrong with my electical system i then proceeded to check the sensor. With the sensor unplugged check the system for continuity (completion of the circuit) if the sensor is good you will get continuity but there will be some resistance (14ohms if i remember right). My sensor tested at OL or out of limits meaning that there was a open in the sensor. So i simply replaced the sensor, cleared the code and my baby was back in action.
Hope i helped :)

Reactions: Pabman

·
Registered
0 Posts
I hope this message reaches you. Great insight on the proper way to test things. I did all this and everything is correct. But my light is still not going away. I have disconnected the battery and fuse to the pcm in order to reset. But all it does is flash off and then back on. Not sure what else it could be. Any insight. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I hope this message reaches you. Great insight on the proper way to test things. I did all this and everything is correct. But my light is still not going away. I have disconnected the battery and fuse to the pcm in order to reset. But all it does is flash off and then back on. Not sure what else it could be. Any insight. Thanks in advance.
I too have this. Sensor replaced three times. Continuity checks out. Voltage checks out. But there is still a code. ever figure out what yours was?

·
Registered
886 Posts
FWIW:

P0113-INTAKE AIR TEMPERATURE SENSOR HIGH
When Monitored: With the ignition on.
Set Condition: The Intake Air Temperature (IAT) sensor voltage at the PCM is greater than 4.9 volts. One trip Fault.

POSSIBLE CAUSES:

• IAT SENSOR VOLTAGE ABOVE 4.9 VOLTS
  • (K21) IAT SIGNAL CIRCUIT SHORTED TO BATTERY VOLTAGE
  • IAT SENSOR INTERNAL FAILURE
  • (K21) IAT SIGNAL CIRCUIT OPEN
  • (K167) SENSOR GROUND CIRCUIT OPEN
  • PCM

·
Registered
0 Posts
Make sure it's correct sensor I just changed mine

So I had same problem I just wanted to let you know to be sure you are testing or replacing sensor close to throttle body, not one close to filter, they for the most part look same and test same way

·
Registered
295 Posts
i had this same problem, but i replaced the ambient temp sensor.... the one that sits in the intake and my problem was fixed... no more code

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have the same issue but the problem I have is visible. There is a line that connects to the cold side pipe that looks like corroded off due to vortex weather. This is causing a small boost leak for me. Check your lines on the cold side pipe. This is the same pipe your BOV is mounted on.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I have the same but when I check the voltage I am getting zero volts , I can however get a ground. Do you know if the wire goes back to the PCM or if there is any software fix for this.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Will disconnecting the battery after replacing the sensor suffice to clear the code? Or do you actually have to clear it with a scan tool? I have this code as well but the CEL didn't turn off after replacing the sensor and leaving the battery disconnected overnight. Any help is much appreciated!

·
Registered
408 Posts
What code showed up? Cause those two sensors should have 2 different engine codes.
So I'm just wondering if you got
P0113? And buy changing the sensor on the intake, not the one buy the throttle body took care of the problem.

·
Registered
408 Posts
So have any of u guys fix the problem? Some of u said u changed the sensor and check the voltage ? and your engine light was still on. So did you ever get it fixed and what was the problem?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts