Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just installed my exhaust and am getting this code
P0038 HO2S Heater Circuit High Voltage Bank 1 Sensor 2

I had to rewire the 02 sensor because a newer one came in the exhaust already. I wired grey to grey black to black and then each white to another white would that matter should i just purchase another 02 sensor? does anyone have the wiring diagram for it?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea i had no other choice the o2 sensor in the exhaust was already cut with no wire plug...
And this exhaust has a cat

·
Registered
3 Posts
I cut the connector off the the wire harness for the down stream capped the hole for the downstream 02 sensor and have a stage 1 installed. I have the upstream 02 sensor hard wires cause the connectors were to close to the exhaust manifold and melted. I’m getting p0038. Can you tell me which one is doing it? Cause if it’s just the top I’ll start looking for connectors but if it’s the downstream can you tell me the proper way to disconnect from the harness. Also I’m 19 and new to cars

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
I cut the connector off the the wire harness for the down stream capped the hole for the downstream 02 sensor and have a stage 1 installed. I have the upstream 02 sensor hard wires cause the connectors were to close to the exhaust manifold and melted. I’m getting p0038. Can you tell me which one is doing it? Cause if it’s just the top I’ll start looking for connectors but if it’s the downstream can you tell me the proper way to disconnect from the harness. Also I’m 19 and new to cars
P0038 is 02 heater circuit high. Could mean alot of things.

What I would do, is see if your code has a suffex.. P0038-1 or P0038-2, if it does not, plug the lower 02 back in and clear the codes see if the that fixes the problem. If not, its time to test for resistance. Disconnect C2 From the PCM, Insert a T pin in to HO2S 1/1 pin C2 18 to Ground 102. You should have approximately 3.0-4.0 ohms at ambient temp, and H02S 1/2 Pin C2 17 to G102 you should have 4.0-5.0 at Ambient.

if you have zero between C2 18 and ground, disconnect the upper 02 sensor, it should fall to infinite. if it doesnt the failure is in the wiring from the pcm to that point. same test will work for pin 17.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts