Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 and the car runs fine unless you try to push it and then it cuts out, especially in 4th. It has two codes P0032 and P0138. My maintenance guy is leaning towards the O2 Sensors. I saw the old posts from 2008 and my car seems to have the same symptoms as those that were discussed back then. Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated.

·
Registered
580 Posts
If you go WOT the car goes into open loop so the oxygen sensors don't come into play. Maybe your TPS is giving you problems? I think the voltage has to be 3.5 or above to the ecu so it knows you have the throttle to the floor.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
I have a 2003 and the car runs fine unless you try to push it and then it cuts out, especially in 4th. It has two codes P0032 and P0138. My maintenance guy is leaning towards the O2 Sensors. I saw the old posts from 2008 and my car seems to have the same symptoms as those that were discussed back then. Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated.
Well... do you have a scantool? Graphing the sensors should give you a great idea.. P0032 you have a bad heater in sensor 1, thats just a resistance test. disconnect the connector, its located on the passenger side of the engine near the coolant bottle neck.. pull it and test across the two black wires.

P0138 is sensor 2 signal high.. which could be a bad sensor.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well... do you have a scantool? Graphing the sensors should give you a great idea.. P0032 you have a bad heater in sensor 1, thats just a resistance test. disconnect the connector, its located on the passenger side of the engine near the coolant bottle neck.. pull it and test across the two black wires.

P0138 is sensor 2 signal high.. which could be a bad sensor.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
Thank you, I will check with my man and let him know. He is a good all around maintenance guy and mechanic but has little knowledge of the SRT 4's.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He has replaced the O2 Sensor and has driven it to his home. I will find out in the morning if it helped. He will have put about 50 miles on it. I forgot to say that it has a Mopar Performance Stage 1 PCM.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts