Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay So I got Stage 1 installed last thursday (just incase this is important)

This evening I was driving home and was gettin onto an off ramp.. I down shifted from 5th to 4th and rev matched it and then as I gave it some throttle.. I heard a little bakg/bop/knock.. something towards those lines the check engine ligt came on and I lost all power and throttle rsponse.. My tach started jumping widely between near 0 and 1.5-1.7 ... Not wanting to risk screwing up any futher I coasted to the side of the road and cut the car off and called a tow truck.. I started it again and... Irradic idling if you can even call it idling I immediately turned the car off and checked for a code.. P0016 came up (crankshaft position Correlation Bank 1 sensor A)

Why the hell would this come up? Has anyone else experienced this? Is it probably just a sensor that's gone bad or some actuall mechanical damage inside the engine? Any insite would be greatly appreciated...
I'm going to get it towed to Chrysler in the morning.. They installed the Stage 1 and seem to be very helpful/responsive and friendly and hopefully won't give me any B/S about warrenty b/c they haven't so far and I am still under my 7/70 drive train..

·
Premium Member
15,173 Posts
P0016-CRANKSHAFT/CAMSHAFT TIMING MISALIGNMENT

I think we have had some folks with bad cam position sensors, either the mount or the sensor broke , search, "cam and position", select display as posts option

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
glhs837 said:
P0016-CRANKSHAFT/CAMSHAFT TIMING MISALIGNMENT

I think we have had some folks with bad cam position sensors, either the mount or the sensor broke , search, "cam and position", select display as posts option

Figures... For me at least anyway.. I swear my car has been made with evey single end of the line POS Mexican made sensor which are probably just failing , systematically... I've had about 4 sensors replaced so far .. including the whole inlet air circuit Including TIP.. Well at least I got that as a bonus on my side towards more warrenty work.. MY old 95 Neon had the same problem. I was replacing parts in that piece like every month till I sold it..

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
machc5 said:
If you have that many Sensors going bad I'd look to the common item to all of them.

Your electrical system. :readclose
I've had an electrical system test already llong before this .. ust to make sure there was continuity in all major circuits and grounds when I went to install my CD deck, Amp and subs..

Luckily my 7/70 is going to take care of towing it from my house to the Chrysler dealership..(16 miles) I talked to my guy Jason over at Chrysler/Jeep this morning, (Great guy, helped me out w/ all my Mopar related installations and cut me the best deal he could) He said to make sure that he gets it and he would ensure the Warrenty will be honored... I swear this place is better than any Dodge dealerships around here... They actually know what they're talking about and have an expereinced Turbo tech/ Performance tech there.. I'll keep you guys updated to let you know how everything goes today..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.