Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just curious on everyone's 1/4 mile times over here. i just went with scott over here and was kinda upset. people set better times in america while stock. he beat me 2 outta 3 times. my best run was a 14.8 with a 2.46 60ft. now all i gotta do is learn to drive.

·
Registered
7,826 Posts
Yes you do. LOL. Just kidding man. Yeah, I was looking at the Time slips thread and saw that a bone stock guy ran a 14.3 stock. Now that definately means i need to learn to drive. Let me know the next time you guys are going. I want to see about learning to launch better so my times don't suck so much.

·
Registered
7,826 Posts
LOL, I know, but you ask any real racer, winning is winning. LOL

Nah, dude, seriously we need to learn how to launch. With our mods we should be doing better than that. I am looking at getting that Kustomatix PnP TB w/Spacer and then the intake manny I think too ported to lik 60mm. probably will need you your help installing that. if you increase your boost with your S2 wga then you should easily have me on that track.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
wow why dont you just get all the same mods as me. lol. my 62 mm tb made a big diffrence in throttle response and i have a 70 mm intake monifold and spacer comming if fullybuilt got the manifolds in. i think that the wastegate is doing fine b/c i was hitting 21psi in 3-4 wot shift. that was the only time i looked at the gauge. the rest of the time i was looking at you in my rearview.

·
Registered
7,826 Posts
Actually, I am very surprised you didn't have my in that last run. But when you get that W/I I am F**ked. you will own me then.

·
Registered
7,826 Posts
LOL. Oh let the smack talk begin. LOL. I was actually looking at the Kustomatix thread on parts and that was what i sparked my interest in it. What the hell did you do to your gas petal? It felt nothing like mine does.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
^^i hear that. when you have to launch soft and give part throttle till 3rd, something isnt right. i am looking into drag radials problem is finding something to clear the acr struts.

·
Registered
7,826 Posts
yeah, I agree, slicks would be great. We both agree, next to a wastegate and exhaust they are the next best mod you can do for your car. LOL, yeah my best 60ft time was 2.38 (stock tires and rims).

Like I said earlier, we both need to learn to drive on the track. LOL. I expect you to win next time. And we need to get rid of wheel hop.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Before water injection and on shitty no grip tires I ran my best time of 14.1 last year. In stock form with only a K&N intake I managed a 14.7 1/4 mile. I would like to remind everone that if you are using bitburg to measure your times, you are about a second slow de to the uphill incline at the end and the elevation from sea level. Just a heads up. On a good track in the states I should have broke into the 13's easy. This season is coming up soon and I have all of the supporting mods to get into the 13's finally. I hope!

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i can see it now. all of the people in the states are laughing at us. 14.8 with all that, what a loser

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
scottw03 said:
LOL. Oh let the smack talk begin. LOL. I was actually looking at the Kustomatix thread on parts and that was what i sparked my interest in it. What the hell did you do to your gas petal? It felt nothing like mine does.
i told you it was a little wierd. that is the spring on the throttle body. it is alot to get used to.

·
Registered
7,826 Posts
Oh, ok. I didn't realize that the new Throttle body would feel that different. Thats cool. You went with the fully built one right? How much did that run you? Not sure if I will go with that or the Kustmatix 55mm bored one. What size is yours bored to?

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
paid 500 for 62 mm(straight through) throttle body 70mm manifold and spacer. sold them my stock tb for 50 so it was really only 450

·
Registered
7,826 Posts
So wait, you paid $500 for the TB, Manifold and Spacer and got them ported to the sizes stated above? I might have too into a comparison. If it will cost me close to that with the other stuff then I might go with fully built but I will compare everything to see if it is worth it. I'll do it tomorrow. Too tired to do it now. got to get up early for work. It was a great day though. Had lots of fun out there today and can't wait to do it again. Talk to you tomorrow man.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts