Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched and searched the forums and I can't find any definitive answers. Here's the situation: I have a completely stock '04, never raced but I do have a lead foot. A week ago, the usual turbo noise became a lot louder, and I started getting a lot more boost. Two days ago, I tried WOT in 5th gear and wound the boost gauge up to 19 psi. Within 5 minutes the CEL came on and when I got home I pulled the p0234 code up. It was night so I consulted the forums and found out what was going on, but not what was causing the trouble. Next morning I've got the hood popped and I'm checking vacuum lines, but nothing's wrong. The pink line to the stock bov was working its way off the nipple on the bov, but not far enough to be a concern. Then, wait a minute, I see a 1/16" gap between the stock bov and the turbo housing. It appears as though the bov housing is bent where the metal meets the turbo housing. Obviously the car will be at the dealership soon for a little warranty work. What I need to know is how much damage will I cause driving the car in this condition? Also, how much can I trust the dealership to diagnose and correct this problem? I'm hoping to draw on forum members' past experiences and direct knowledge of these conditions. Any advice would be helpful, thank you.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts