Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok please let me know if I’m missing something. I have replaced all 4 motor trans mounts. Checked tightened flywheel bolts. New clutch new hermonic balancer new plugs and new half shafts still have a nasty vibration. ..... the next step I’m thinking of is tearing down engine what’s the possibility of crank being out of balance. Any thoughts before last resort?

·
Premium Member
4,357 Posts
sorry, but we need more info. When does it vibrate? is it affected by RPM? can you feel it in the steering wheel? can you feel it in the pedals? etc.... more info!

Reactions: HybridKid

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It vibrates at idle all the time. Accelerate it gets harder but then mellows back to original idle vibration. You can feel the vibration in steering wheel. Seat. Dash. You can see the hermonic have a slight vib to it. But I don’t know if it’s an allusion. If you look at the center engine mount and it’s not moving. The first tint the vib started it loosened the fly bolts. This time it’s not. But this time I replaced everything mounts and balancer.

·
Premium Member
4,357 Posts
does your motor still have an intact balance shaft assembly?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
? Located bottom of crank inside the oil galy? I do not know is that a common issue

·
Premium Member
4,357 Posts
? Located bottom of crank inside the oil galy? I do not know is that a common issue
Thats correct. I wouldnt say it is a common issue, but it is common for people to cut the chain to disable the balance shaft assembly. Are you new to this car? Is this an issue you've always had, or did it show up later? if it did show up later, was it all at once, or did it gradually get worse over time?

·
Premium Member
4,357 Posts
If the balance shaft assembly has been disabled, there is a very noticable increase in vibrations felt throughout the car.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes I’m new to the car. And it has always been there. I would definitely look at it. ........ what would be the reason people cut it? To reduce drag on engine

·
Premium Member
4,357 Posts
Yes I’m new to the car. And it has always been there. I would definitely look at it. ........ what would be the reason people cut it? To reduce drag on engine
essentially yes. Let rotating mass for the motor to have to spin. This frees up some horsepower and eliminates a possible failure point (usually only an issue at 400+hp).

You would have to drop the oil pan to look to see if it is still intact.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts