Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a ? for you guys. i have a 04 srt-4 with 2300miles on it. i havent put the stage 1 in yet until i solve this problem . when messing around in traffic down shifting from 3rd to second and upshifting again when i push the pedal to the floor i get between 18 and 20 psi of boost in 2nd and 3rd gear , but driving on the freeway it wont act up it stays right where its supposed to.
mods i have are perrin boost pipe with hks/bov and aem cai .
could my stock wga be failing when the car is warmer in traffic.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
18 to 20 PSI?!!!! :wah?!:

Have you done a leak test? The pipe under the car is always lose. I have also 2400 miles on mine and just checked the clamps 2 nights ago and they were just a bit lose, I was hitting 17PSI sometimes, but It's not happening again after I tightned (spellin' :( ) the clamps.

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
SLVRJAY2 said:
i have a ? for you guys. i have a 04 srt-4 with 2300miles on it. i havent put the stage 1 in yet until i solve this problem . when messing around in traffic down shifting from 3rd to second and upshifting again when i push the pedal to the floor i get between 18 and 20 psi of boost in 2nd and 3rd gear , but driving on the freeway it wont act up it stays right where its supposed to.
mods i have are perrin boost pipe with hks/bov and aem cai .
could my stock wga be failing when the car is warmer in traffic.
What is the engine RPM right before you "push the pedal to the flooor" ?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i also forgot to mention when this happens under full boost in 2nd gear and i shift to 3rd the car has no power in 3rd , this has only happened twice when the boost gauge hit the 18 to 20 mark. belive me i didnt shift into 5th either, this happenned last night ,i just checked all the vacuum lines and the blockoff blate bolts and hose clamps ,i will drive it for awhile and see if that worked.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Mine was boosting at 17 and 18, I tightend the clamps and reseted my ecu. Then I was fine. When its hot (90 f) I'll boost at 17...

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Exactly, WHAT RPM do you gun it at. If you gun it in 4th @ 2000 RPM, Yeah, you'll boost 17-18PSI but it quickly drops back to 14-13.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sorry about not answering the rpm ? , in 2nd around 3500 to 4000 thats with a downshift from 3rd . iknow what your talking about htoudiee, under normal driving conditions if iam in 2nd or 3rd at around 2000 or 2500 rpm and hit the gas it spikes to 16 or 17 psi thenfalls to 15 , what happened last night and about 10mins ago. is when iam driving like iam racing someone and downshift from 3rd to 2nd , rpm from downshift is at 3500 to 4000 and mash the gas again is when it spikes between 18 and 20 and stays there until i shift or let off the gas .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts