Dodge SRT Forum banner
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
Nice, I hated the stock brakes. They faded if I are doing anything above 120 and needed to stop... or if you have to deal with typical California traffic. hahahah.. I went with the bbk and its nice they don't fade, or I havent gotten them to the point of fade yet.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
Yup, different strokes...I don't drive 120 very often...my upgraded didn't fade the last time I made an emergency stop at the drag strip to avoid running of some guys parachute...no fade at all going down the very steep Teton Pass Highway on my way back from Yellowstone or descending crazy California Street in San Frncisco...my only concern on the road with the better brakes my car still has is whether or not the person behind me will be able to stop as quick as my car does.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Yup, different strokes...I don't drive 120 very often...my upgraded didn't fade the last time I made an emergency stop at the drag strip to avoid running of some guys parachute...no fade at all going down the very steep Teton Pass Highway on my way back from Yellowstone or descending crazy California Street in San Frncisco...my only concern on the road with the better brakes my car still has is whether or not the person behind me will be able to stop as quick as my car does.
absolutely :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
I ordered 25mm spacers. They are made byTitan in Holland MI. Four of them and new lug nuts cost under $100 and next year I plan on new wheels and tires anyway. At that time I will sell the current wheels, tires, and spacers.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I ordered 25mm spacers. They are made byTitan in Holland MI. Four of them and new lug nuts cost under $100 and next year I plan on new wheels and tires anyway. At that time I will sell the current wheels, tires, and spacers.
how does that work with the studs? 25mm is real close to an inch.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Well put on the spacers on the rear, as expected I will have to raise the ride height but I wanted to anyway. Gonna do the fronts tonight. I think from the pics the swaybar and whatever is attached to it is aftermarket, does anyone know? Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Well put on the spacers on the rear, as expected I will have to raise the ride height but I wanted to anyway. Gonna do the fronts tonight. I think from the pics the swaybar and whatever is attached to it is aftermarket, does anyone know? Thanks.
They look like progress rear anti-sway bars.

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
Wow, this is turning out to be a nightmare.
Can't believe I got so lucky back in 2004 when I got my Centerline Storms.
I would have given up by now so props to you for persevering!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Wow, this is turning out to be a nightmare.
Can't believe I got so lucky back in 2004 when I got my Centerline Storms.
I would have given up by now so props to you for persevering!
Yes it is not what I expected but I think with the stock brake calipers or Willwood etc. I could have avoided most of this. Actually the new rear wheels fit on the back with no spacers but I think it would look wierd with 25mm spacers on front and none on the back or even 5mm. I should have ordered the 15mm when I had the chance!

41 - 52 of 52 Posts