Dodge SRT Forum banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
SRTforums Member
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Unfortunately I reside(Ontario, Canada) no where near a good detail shop and prefer to detail myself. I own a 2005 OB SRT4 and would love to maybe get a detailed step instructions as to what you did to make that OB look the way it does. You did a fantastic job and I would like to try those products and your methods on my car.

If you dont mind sharing your secrets or just your methods I would love to try them out for myself, Pm Me :).

Car looks awesome great job.
Ill just keep the thread going instead of a PM. All you need is money, the machine does the rest of the work pretty much.

porter cable 7424xp (wont burn the paint if you dont no what your doing)
Orange lake country 6.5" pad. Use meguiars #105 with this pad for the whole car.
Than you need a White lake country pad 6.5" and use meguiars #205 with that over the whole car.
Than you can use what i wish i had which is meguiars #21 sealant and use a Lake country Black 6.5" pad. after that your good.

This page below really helped me
Polishing How To with Meguiar’s M105 / M205 – Detailed Image

·
Registered
262 Posts
Car looks great. I need to do this on both of my cars....

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
If you're going to buy a DA, go with the Griot's Garage or the Meguiar's G110V2. The PC XP is weak; mine is used as a wax spreader now. The Griot's unit is a torque monster.
Has Meguiars fixed the power cord failure issue yet? I've gone thru two units now, each failed within two months of minimal use. About to send unit #2 back under warranty, but seriously regretting not just buying the Griot's DA in the first place. Probably will end up either buying it or the Flex DA.

·
SRTforums Member
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
new pictures of the latest cars

Chevy Impala

Mercury Sable
BEFORE

AFTER

Angels BMW
BEFORE / WET SAND

AFTER

Camry
BEFORE vs AFTER

f150 Scratch Removal
BEFORE

AFTER

Chrysler 300
BEFORE

AFTER

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Nice job. Great products. I remember the first time I did my SRT. Amazing results. It was like looking at a completely different car.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have finally just ordered my self the PorterCable 7424XP along with the correct pads that you recomended.Also have the Meguiars m105, m205, m21 on route so hopefuly next weekend I can give my car the attention she deserves :thumbsup:

·
SRTforums Member
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
I have finally just ordered my self the PorterCable 7424XP along with the correct pads that you recomended.Also have the Meguiars m105, m205, m21 on route so hopefuly next weekend I can give my car the attention she deserves :thumbsup:

awesome man! your gonna love them. 105 on a orange pad. 205 on a white pad and than if u have a sealant wax or any type of protectant wax on a black pad. 32oz bottle goes along way. after u practice try and get some extra money from your friends and do there cars and u will make your money back and more like i did:clap:

·
Registered
157 Posts
awesome man! your gonna love them. 105 on a orange pad. 205 on a white pad and than if u have a sealant wax or any type of protectant wax on a black pad. 32oz bottle goes along way. after u practice try and get some extra money from your friends and do there cars and u will make your money back and more like i did:clap:
Cant wait to use them, ill post some pictures hopefully after this weekend.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have no pictures I'll try and get some soon took me all of yesterday todo and now today my arms and shoulders are in agony from wiping the 105 off. That shit is tough. I don't think it's worth the medical problem I might face doing it for friends. But well see I still need practice.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I have no pictures I'll try and get some soon took me all of yesterday todo and now today my arms and shoulders are in agony from wiping the 105 off. That shit is tough. I don't think it's worth the medical problem I might face doing it for friends. But well see I still need practice.
There are several ways to address this problem.

- work the compound better to reduce residue... ie. after firm pressure passes make 1-2 light pressure passes, or practice the Kevin Brown Method using a fine mist of water as you work the compound. buffdaddy.com

- mix up an IPA solution of no more than 50%, this will dissolve the M105 residue making it easier to remove. But if you're using cheapo mf towels then you risk marring the paint. I also created a solution using 25% IPA and 1/2oz Meguiar's Rinse Free Express Wash.

- use CarPro Eraser to remove residue

- finally, once you prime your pad following the Kevin Brown Method, use 3 dots M105 and 1 dot Meguiar's D300. D300 reduces dust, increases working time, helps to finish down better, and makes removing residue 10x easier.

M105 does have a slight learning curve but it doesn't take long to figure out, maybe 2-3 panels.

41 - 60 of 60 Posts