Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is up with the nice orange peel look to the paint??? Is there anyway to make it look good without repainting the damn car? Don't have the money to be painting a bran new car again, nor do I think we should have to.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Aside from getting it repainted you could wetsand, not sure how much clear is on the paint though so I don't know how much sanding you could do.

·
Banned
2,905 Posts
orange peel does suck but alas havnt found any cars yet that don't really have it. would cause to much money and time for car makers to wet sand the stuff.

call around see if you can find a place willing to remove the clear and color sand the car and then reclear it. I was starting to call around but places didn't seem to like the idea of mesing with it.

·
Banned
2,905 Posts
the orange peel comes from the layers of paint and all going on top of each other without a smooth snading between. So just doing the clear coat wont get all the paint nice and smooth and remove the orange peel from it.

That is my understanding at least on how it all works.

·
Registered
404 Posts
i wouldnt attempt wetsanding your car, most stock paint jobs have a little clear on the and youll burn you paint. you can maybe get a test panel from the junkyard or something but dont try it. youll regret it im sure, a friend of mine did it to his si once and oh man he was not happy.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Orange peel is a manufacturing issue. It's NOT a mistake or defect. Plus, nowhere was a perfectly smooth finish promised to you. It's simply warrentied for durability, flaking, peeling, fading etc...Now you would have a case if everyone else's car's HAD been sanded perfectly between coats and your car was not up to the same standard, but alas that isn't how they do things in the plant.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.