Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going the Stage route. I'm not sure if I should install the kit myself or have a dealer do it. The dealer wants $999 for the S2 and of course + whatever the price to install it is. I can get the Kit on my own for less and install it myself but then I have NO warrenty. What's everyone' opinion on this?

Thanks,
Tony:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
penaw001 said:
Do it your self it is easy. They have a how to on here also.
My concern is the warrenty. I've heard it just depends on the dealer but IDK.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
[QUOTE='05NeonMaaaaan]
penaw001 said:
My concern is the warrenty. I've heard it just depends on the dealer but IDK.[/QUOTE]

It does depend on the dealer ship but if any thing goes wrong then just take it back to stock. If you run into a problem like a sensor goes bad, which i doubt, you can always order through modern or find it on here.

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
penaw001 said:
[QUOTE='05NeonMaaaaan]
penaw001 said:
It does depend on the dealer ship but if any thing goes wrong then just take it back to stock. If you run into a problem like a sensor goes bad, which i doubt, you can always order through modern or find it on here.[/QUOTE]

X2.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mEasy27 said:
penaw001 said:
[QUOTE='05NeonMaaaaan]
penaw001 said:
It does depend on the dealer ship but if any thing goes wrong then just take it back to stock. If you run into a problem like a sensor goes bad, which i doubt, you can always order through modern or find it on here.
X2.[/QUOTE]

Why didn't I think of that! Jeez, I'm slow today! Thanks:thumbsup:

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
where in FL are you?....if its no toys i'l do for 1/4 of what dealer is asking

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
NeonDan said:

I'm in Lake City (50 miles North west of Gainesville). That'd be awesome if you can help me out. If we're close enough, I'll let you know when I get the S2

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
You should be able to get it done for less than 999, I can get stage 3 plus toys installed for under 600, and thats before bargaining with them. Call around and talk with other dealers. 999 is way to high I think.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
dude, do it yourself, it takes an hour if you have no idea what anything is and about 30 mins if you do know what you are doing. just read the instructions that mother mopar gives you and go to town. good luck man

·
Premium Member
6,280 Posts
It's super easy man. It consists of five parts; Computer, injectors, MAP sensor, TIP sensor, and the WGA... The parts that take the longest are the WGA and the computer. They don't even take that long either. I think it took me like an hour to do the install. Total on my S2 without toys. For the injectors, I would get a can of air and maybe some Q tips so you can blow the crap outta the way before pull the old ones out and put the new ones in. You will see what I am talking about. If you pull off your injector cover, you will see stuff stuck inbetween the manifold and injectors.
Edit: The instructions tell you to pick up a set of new plugs too... NGK 4306's... You need to change those too If you haven't already.

·
Registered
232 Posts
NeonDan said:
You should have said if in FL you'd help him out for some beer and laughs

·
Registered
267 Posts
[QUOTE='05NeonMaaaaan] I can get the Kit on my own for less and install it myself but then I have NO warrenty. What's everyone' opinion on this?
[/QUOTE]

I don't believe there is a warranty on the stage kits. You're pretty much on your own, so you might as well install it yourself. There is a great how-to sticky on stage 2. After all, it's better not to let the dealer know what you are doing to your car anyway. Modern Performance is probably the cheapest vendor. :hi:

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
lol the hardest thing about the install is removing the top of the heatshield ,just make sure you spray the bolts with WD40 before doing anything else and also have 8 & 10 mm rachet wrenches handy.Remember to loosen the nut/bolt on the WG arm and tighten it til no threads are showing,mark the lever where it extends-when you install it,it should be perfect at 4mm :thumbsup:

Have fun waiting til the end of summer for your kit!
Also,better get a cut out or exaust because it's no fun without either on S2..

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
$RT4 said:
lol the hardest thing about the install is removing the top of the heatshield ,just make sure you spray the bolts with WD40 before doing anything else and also have 8 & 10 mm rachet wrenches handy.Remember to loosen the nut/bolt on the WG arm and tighten it til no threads are showing,mark the lever where it extends-when you install it,it should be perfect at 4mm :thumbsup:

Have fun waiting til the end of summer for your kit!
Also,better get a cut out or exaust because it's no fun without either on S2..

Why would I have to wait 'till the end of the summer? Back order?

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
they're infamous for taking forever to arrive..though some have lucked out and gotten them in as little as 3 weeks.

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
ImportFan said:
NeonDan said:
You should have said if in FL you'd help him out for some beer and laughs
i would if he were closer, hes about 2-2.5hr north of me. But my offer still stands buddy :thumbsup:

·
Registered
143 Posts
<-----lucked out. 4 1/2 weeks from modern. And, yes, atleast get the mopar cat-back, and do it yourself even with toys, just take your time.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts