Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I think fvckd up. Bought a 2004 srt4 abs literally had to dig it out of the sellers back yard. Btw no intake or exhaust manifold on the car. Got it home tore out the whole interior while being covered in roaches, carpenter ants, sugar ants, spiders and some other things I don’t know. Sitting in drive way soaked the cylinders with Kano exrust, marvel mystery oil and Prem atf4 and hand cranked 6 complete revolutions and compression is still there. Valves are slightly rusted and cylinder walls has minor rust scale but no pitting, shoved a camera through the valves. This is my first srt4 and doing a complete overhaul my goal is around 450whp please be in touch with any help and suggestion

·
Premium Member
4,480 Posts
Thank you for your efforts in saving this car!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for your efforts in saving this car!
Yea it’s going to be a long road luckily I have pretty much 2 of everything except the lower end components. It’ll be a lil bit but it shouldn’t be too long before I have her at least running abs moving under her own power

·
Super Moderator
15,701 Posts
Looking good, you can do this! I had a 2001 Dodge Neon that sat at our farm basically in the same condition, for 8 years, till I got to it to try and fix it. Soaked interior in the trunk, nests in the dash, most notably inside the heater blower motor fan. I could go on and on. I think I spent more than what I sold it for to get it running but I had fun in the process.

Neon SE Final Product

My SRT never leaves the garage these days, well, a transmission needing work sees to that haha.

There are a lot of similarities on the interior and electrical between the SRT_4 and the regular neon, so if you run into something you think might be attributed to the car sitting for a long time, I'll see if it is anything I ran into :)

·
Super Moderator
4,823 Posts
Congrats! I forget my neon still runs!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts