Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not a whole lot new but heres the cut and paste:

Subject>Contact Us
When are the SRT-4's going to be available in CT? Are any incentives going to be offered?
Dodge LiveChat>Greg has joined the session.
Dodge LiveChat>Mike has joined the session.
Greg>Sorry I got diconnected earlier.
Mike>Thank you again, Greg, for contacting Dodge Information Center. I don't know if my first response made it to you. The Dodge SRT-4 is a 2003 model and is expected to be introduced into the retail market very soon. Since it may come to some geographic areas before others, it would be best to keep in touch with your Dodge dealers to get more definitive information as to when they expect to receive their first shipments. For information on the 2003 Dodge SRT-4, you can log on to www.dodge.com and place your arrow over "Cars" and then choose "SRT-4" from the drop-down menu that appears. You can then click on any of the available Dodge SRT-4 options from the page that follows.
Greg>Any Idea if there is going to be a formal release date or juststart showing up?
Mike>I am afraid i do not have more definitive introduction information at this time. No incentives have been put in place as of yet for the Dodge SRT-4. I do not have information of any official media launch date. I would assume if such an event were scheduled, I would have alisting of it. I expect it will probably just start showing at dealerships without an official media launch. Usually media launches are for completely new models that are not based on other models; the Dodge SRT-4 is based on the Dodge Neon Sedan.
Greg>Any Idea how many are going to be built this year, and if they will be built again next year?
Mike>I do not have information on projected sales or production amounts for the Dodge SRT-4.
Greg>Is the MSRP still $19,995 or has that changed? It is no longer shown on the Dodge website. Also is there anyone at headquaters or somewhere that I could get in touch with to try and get more deffinate information on when they would possibly be available?
Mike>The Base MSRP is still $19,995, according to my information, even though the "Build" function on www.dodge.com for the SRT-4 is not currently operational. More definitive introduction information may be available from your Dodge dealerships. That is really the only other referral I would have.
Greg>Well thanks for your time. The dealers don't seem to know a whole lot about the cars yet so I thought someone there might . Thanks again.
Mike>You are welcome, Greg. Feel free to keep in contact with us as time progresses for new information. Thank you again for contacting the Dodge Live Chat. Have a good evening.

·
Registered
13 Posts
What the hell!!!

Is this car what they call "Vaporware" in the computer industry?
It seems as though no one ie : dealers, Dodge themselves, etc knows
when this thing is actually going to be seen!
Real soon now.......

·
Registered
726 Posts
And yet another informative response from DC

Might as well add my daily dose of Dodge frustration to the mix...

My most recent question to Dodge.com was -

"I am looking for a solid, concrete release date for the Dodge SRT-4 in
Florida. Thanks!"

Their stellar and insightful reply was -

"Thank you for your recent email to DaimlerChrysler regarding the Dodge
SRT-4.

The exciting new Dodge SRT-4 is coming soon to a Dodge dealer near you.
The base Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price (M.S.R.P.) for the Dodge
SRT-4 is $19,995 including a $545 destination charge.

You can view introductory information on this vehicle by visiting our
website at http://www.dodge.com. From the main page, select "SRT-4"
from the "Car" menu. You will also find a link to the Dodge SRT-4
mini-site where you can find specific information such as specifications and
features.

Please stay in contact with a Dodge dealer and our website for newly
released information.

Thank you for your interest in DaimlerChrysler.

Carlos Frazier
Senior Staff Representative
DaimlerChrysler Information Center"

My ouiji board gives me better info than these guys :roll:

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
I remember when I first got on this board, there was a buzz around like the car could come out at any moment and if you didn't reserve one, you'd be out of luck. If they wait until April, the 2003's might never happen and they might just wait and put out the 2004's. I'm officially unexcited again. All this secrecy and lack of information is kind of ridiculous. I realize they are trying to create a demand for them before they put them out. There are alot of people who have been waiting for a while now. Luckily, I wasn't in need of a car when I heard about the SRT 4 or I wouldn't have been able to wait this long. Until I get an email or a phone call saying they arrived, I'm not going to worry about it anymore.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
It's called hype, and Dodge is eating it up while alienating the true enthusiasts. You know the more I learn about this SRT the more I like it, but the one thing I can't get over is the FWD. I think Dodge should most definitely add the LSD as a factory option.

-Faast

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
when its all said and done we will all get are cars. there wont be a shortage. they are trying to make it look like that to make sure we get it right when it comes out. i know the game

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'm officially unexcited again. All this secrecy and lack of information is kind of ridiculous. I realize they are trying to create a demand for them before they put them out.
Slow5OH Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 9:47 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's called hype, and Dodge is eating it up while alienating the true enthusiasts. You know the more I learn about this SRT the more I like it, but the one thing I can't get over is the FWD. I think Dodge should most definitely add the LSD as a factory option.

-Faast
exactly what im trying to say.
Dont go calling your dealers everyday. Becasue they thrive for people begging for cars.

·
Premium Member
6,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This was a chat last night

Warlord187 said:
I posted the whole chat transcript a while ago. Here is the link.

http://www.srtforums.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=52
Not the original chat with the PVO engineers. There is a chat button on the contact Dodge menu on their website which I tried last night.
Greg

·
Registered
9 Posts
dealers making the demand greater

Maybe we should give the dealers the benefit of the doubt. They don't always get all the information they need from Chrysler. They do the best they can with what they have, and they don't want to lose a customer. Most dealers, if asked the question "What do you really know?" will be upfront. Keep the faith and be patient, or buy something else and leave the SRT4 for those of us who really want one and don't mind waiting!

·
Registered
58 Posts
With the economy being the way it is and the automobile indusrty hurting even more, you think that Dodge would flood the market with the SRT-4 knowing that we all want it. Does it make sense to make a limited production car and hold back when the company as a whole isn't really doing so great? Go figure :roll:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Demand

Realistically, what is the demand for a car like this? Magazine writers will tell you that it is rough for everyday use, so other than those of us who could care less and just want to go fast and be in every rice-rockets face, how many people will actually buy one? Just wondering!

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
That's a really good point. Anyone not concerned with the speed factor could get an equal or better equiped sedan for around $5000 less. I do think that Dodge did alot of research before deciding to produce this car. If they didn't think they would make a profit, it wouldn't be in production. Lack of information and myths of low production numbers will only bait consumers into wanting it more. The only difference between this and the Tickle Me Elmo is you promised your kids you'd have one under the tree at Christmas and with the SRT 4, you promised yourself.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Grunge said:
The only difference between this and the Tickle Me Elmo is you promised your kids you'd have one under the tree at Christmas and with the SRT 4, you promised yourself.
And a new product is born...start marketing now for Christmas 2003 distribution...(drumroll please...)

TICKLE ME SRT-4! Complete with authentic turbo acceleration sounds... :lol:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Demand
Realistically, what is the demand for a car like this? Magazine writers will tell you that it is rough for everyday use, so other than those of us who could care less and just want to go fast and be in every rice-rockets face, how many people will actually buy one? Just wondering!
A dealer told me that the "Ruff for everyday driving" will turn off alot of people when they drive this car. But he said, thats pointing to those that want speed speed and speed

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
I'm not sure if I understand what rough for everyday driving means. I plan on driving mine to work everyday. It won't cause bruises, will it? :lol:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Rough for every day driving..

I think all the dealer really meant was the ride is probably a bit harsher, more like a sports car, so potholes and other road hazards may be uncomfortable to tolerate every day. Of course I've heard that the seats may be a bit uncomfortable for driving long periods of time. Keep in mind supportive seats for racing, and comfortable seats for driving aren't necessarily the same thing. I own a '78 Malibu race car that Is street legal, I don't drive it around very often, however it has those "Racing Seats" which initially when you sit in the car are quite comfortable, however if your driving in it for any period of time, it seems to give your lower back some serious discomfort and a case of Numb-Butt... http://bbs.overlord.net:82/userpics/malibu.jpg This is the car by the way.. I can tell you that I've been driving a 95 Dodge Neon SOHC for a few years, and over a year ago I installed 17" rims, 215-40 series tires, and Eibach 1.5" springs, and its HARSH to drive, if I had a good set of racing seats also in the car I would probably find it a bit more uncomfortable. Buyer Beware, the SRT-4 is meant to go fast, and do it well.. But Compromises are always part of the picture when you want to go fast and handle well, you have to take away a little from other places.

Jack :wink:

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'm not sure if I understand what rough for everyday driving means. I plan on driving mine to work everyday. It won't cause bruises, will it?
Magazines have said it would be rough becasue..
1. Stiff Stick
2. Seats
3. Spoiler
4. Noise

Now those apply to the people that are buying the car for more then the speed. So of course there going to back out once they drive it. But for the people that actually want the car fast, nice buket seats, some nice noise, this car is more then perfect.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts