Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a month ago noticed PS belt was squeeling and had "walked" on the pulley two grooves. Took it in they put new belt on and seemed to eliminate problem. Two weeks ago my PS pulley disintegrated into a thousand pieces. They replaced pump, pulley and belt under warranty. Just checked belt and sure enough it had walked off the new pulley by two grooves.....
does this sound like an alignment problem?..
I personally have checked the vibration-dampener and the nut has bottomed out. The A/C compressor is good and tight as well.....anybody else have this problem?
I searched but found nothing related to belt problems other then squeeling...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Problem solved....It only cost the dealer, 3 pulleys, 1 PS pump, 3 belt tensioners, and 3 belts and I was without the car for a total of 12 days. The reason the PS belt kept coming off was because a loose bolt on the engine support bracket was allowing the vibration dampener to literally pull the belt off the PS pulley because the bracket was "flexing". The left hand bolt on the bracket was completely out, and just spinning round and round. The upper right side bolt was actually bent and the lower right side was loose. Just thought I would post up the solution, even though this was a "freak" incident.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.