Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for going 55 in a 45! Here in Henderson the speed of traffic is generally 5-10 miles over posted...

Next to me there was a black suburban going 60 to my right... and approaching me from behind was a dark (grey?) SXT going about 75.

I was going about 50 mph, and I saw the sxt hauling ass, so I punched the gas for a second, saw the cops, and slowed down again... anyways needless to say the cop turns on his lights and turns out... I didn't think I was getting pulled over (after all.... another car blazing by me I wouldn't get pulled over...) until the cop is pulling out SLOWLY with his lights on.... only to get behind me.

I was thinking he was still going for the SXT so I just eased into the other lane so he could pass me.. He turns into the lane im on and signals with his hand for me to turn.... WOW HE PULLS ME OVER. I didn't know what to say...
Apparently he pulled me over for going 55 in a 45 (radared) and then of course I didn't have my insurance papers on me... so I got citated for that too. He then tells me that he could have added on a "noise violation" ticket for "the sound coming out of my engine when I released the gas" (BOV?) and a failer to stop at the stop sign at a turn... because apparently I rolled through it while I was pulling over because I was so nervous... I think I made a complete stop though. He didn't of course do that because "he was in a nice mood today".

Anyways thats my story, good luck to anyone else whos driving. If your going to get pulled over for speeding at least make it worth your while and exceed the speed by alot more than that, lol.

Whatever my lawyer will take care of it anyways :p

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Were you speeding? Yes, so don't complain. I'm sure there are other tickets you deserved that you didn't get.

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
Okay...you're gonna be mad at me here in a second. Friday night at about 12:30 i was going north on 15 from Primm (i think?) and this mercedes 2 door convertable cuts me off as i'm getting onto the freeway. So i punch it and go around him. Needless to say, this must have pissed him off so he catches up to me and just stays on my drivers side door. We're coming up on a car on the right lane and doing about 80 so i downshift to 4th and pull away from him. He gets behind me so i say "let's play" and stomp on it. I was doing about 120 when i passed a cop sitting underneath that overpass at Frank Sinatra drive. Lights come on and i'm thinking i'm fucked. The mercedes had dropped back a bit but he was still going just as fast when we passed the cop. I see him slow down so i put my foot back on the gas as there wasn't hardly anyone on the 15. I took her up to about 145 before i had to slow down for the curve right after Sahara and again at charleston and Lake Mead. Turned off at Cheyenne and pulled into a side street and waited for about 20 minutes while i stopped shaking and my heart stopped trying to get out of my chest. If there would've been four more cars on the freeway i wouldn't have done it but...i can say i won't do it again. I was thinking later that maybe he nabbed the mercedes and didn't even chase me but hindsight is 20/20. Exciting as hell though! I also think that he didn't even get a good look at the car to tell what kind it was so hopefully i didn't give any other SRT-4 owner a bad name at least in his eyes.

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Roo said:
Were you speeding? Yes, so don't complain. I'm sure there are other tickets you deserved that you didn't get.

Yes, I understand that I probably deserve a ticket. I just can't believe it happened to me when I was going with the flow of traffic.

The fact that I got pulled over doesn't bother me.
The fact that I was being passed by 2 other vehicles at the time does.
CAR RACISM, I TELL YOU!

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
qwkslvr04 said:
Okay...you're gonna be mad at me here in a second. Friday night at about 12:30 i was going north on 15 from Primm (i think?) and this mercedes 2 door convertable cuts me off as i'm getting onto the freeway. So i punch it and go around him. Needless to say, this must have pissed him off so he catches up to me and just stays on my drivers side door. We're coming up on a car on the right lane and doing about 80 so i downshift to 4th and pull away from him. He gets behind me so i say "let's play" and stomp on it. I was doing about 120 when i passed a cop sitting underneath that overpass at Frank Sinatra drive. Lights come on and i'm thinking i'm fucked. The mercedes had dropped back a bit but he was still going just as fast when we passed the cop. I see him slow down so i put my foot back on the gas as there wasn't hardly anyone on the 15. I took her up to about 145 before i had to slow down for the curve right after Sahara and again at charleston and Lake Mead. Turned off at Cheyenne and pulled into a side street and waited for about 20 minutes while i stopped shaking and my heart stopped trying to get out of my chest. If there would've been four more cars on the freeway i wouldn't have done it but...i can say i won't do it again. I was thinking later that maybe he nabbed the mercedes and didn't even chase me but hindsight is 20/20. Exciting as hell though! I also think that he didn't even get a good look at the car to tell what kind it was so hopefully i didn't give any other SRT-4 owner a bad name at least in his eyes.
Haha, can't be mad atcha:) I'm guilty of similar. I try to drive responsibly 99 percent of the time. Every once in a while I just let her go. :frogtongu

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
i was expecting a flame session here. I do the same. My wife says i drive like a grandma but that's only with her in the car 'cause she gets car-sick. My friend once told me something that sticks in my head when i'm cruising around 5-10 under the speed limit: Drive it like a grandmother and it'll turn into one. Sometimes gotta let the inner child out.

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
thats how i got my first and only ticket in my yellow srt. cars in front of me cars in back of me. 75 on the freeway but of course i got 'radared' at 83 in a pocket of fucking cars. well whatever shit happens some cops are good some aren't. It is what it is.

·
Registered
101 Posts
damn, 10 miles over? Henderson cops....... argh! I know firsthand. There was a speedtrap on St. Rose and I was doing 90 in a 45. I jammed the brakes and needless to say, the bike cop did a u-turn on me and was following me for more than a mile. Then he rolled up to my window and told me "You slowed down just in time". I was scared shitless.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I'm in Vegas all the time. I might be moving there shortly. I live in L.A. now. Now, I thought that people out here are bad drivers. Then I drive out there and realize that it isn't so bad out here! I swear, I feel like I have to get drunk before driving in Vegas so I can drive like everyone else! (Not you guys though, your cool)

·
Registered
505 Posts
Atleast u didnt get a ticket for havign no front license plate at a car meet where hundreds of cars dont have them either, or u didnt get a ticket for crossing a solid white line, while stuck in traffic when someone let me over when i had my turn signal on. Cops can be dicks sometimes, and other times they can be kewl. Like letting me off with 25 over (85 in a 60), expired insurance, and "illegeal underglow lights" .

·
Super Moderator
34,774 Posts
ok heres my asshole cop story..

sunday night im getting home with my girl about 2am.. as i turn onto my block a cop pulls on right in front of me,.. he stops in the lane and i stop behind him.. he doesnt move so i go around him and stop in front of my apt.

my girlfriend had her car in my driveway and since there were no spots on the street, i handed her my garage key and told her to just pull up into the garage so i could go in the driveway.. i then put my flashers on while i waited for her to move her car.

in the meantime another cop pulls up behind the first one and they both pull behind me and stop. now keep in mind, my street is a lightly trafficed wide 2 lane street.. one in each direction. so the front cop starts chirping his sirens at me, and i get out of my car and ask him whats wrong..

"you're blocking the highway, thats whats wrong"

me(dumbfounded that he didnt just go around me): im just waiting for her to pull into the garage so i can pull into my driveway

him: didnt you see me behind you? didnt you hear me beeping at you? why did you stop in the lane? couldnt you pull over somewhere you arent blocking traffic? you have to move your car NOW

me(walking away): fine, ill just go around the block

him: what did you just say?

me: im going around the block

..so i drove around the block, and when i got back the 2 cops were parked next to each other at the end of the block in that 69 position they love to be in when they are just doing nothing but bullshitting. one cop was parked in the parking lane, and one was in the TRAFFIC LANE, facing the wrong way..

..so they have no problem breaking the law they bitched at me for, yet god forbid they go into the oncoming lane to go around my car when theres no traffic to be found..

fucking pigs!

·
Registered
741 Posts
About the noise, I would ask the cops if they would give a ticket to big rigs when the depress the brakes. They also make a noise. Fucking idiots (don't have anything against cops, we support them everyday, but sometimes they burn my ass)

Percy

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
VegasSRT-4 said:
Yes, I understand that I probably deserve a ticket. I just can't believe it happened to me when I was going with the flow of traffic.

The fact that I got pulled over doesn't bother me.
The fact that I was being passed by 2 other vehicles at the time does.
CAR RACISM, I TELL YOU!
These cars are cop magnets (especially Eblue or FlameRed). It only took me four days of ownership to get a ticket. And like everyone else, I basically abide by the law most of the time. I was just doing a short WOT burst on the highway, got tagged doing 86 in a 65 (sure, I was doing 70/75 when I started the WOT...)

I'm fighting it. Know I was speeding and breaking the law, just hope I get a cool cop or judge and get the points taken off my license. I'll pay the fine, just don't want the points.

·
Registered
549 Posts
RDfishFL said:
How pissed would you be if you got a ticket for going 38 in a 30? I sure was pissed!! :flame:
Sorry I didn't read the rest of the thread, but my FIRST ticket ever....

32 in a 25 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
:gay:

·
Registered
376 Posts
Well since everyone is telling there asshole cop stories I will share one that I find tottal Crap. Well before I owned a SRT-4 I had the all mighty 2000 Mirage De Coup Stock with a massive 96hp. Well I make a uturn and start to go well not even half a block and I see lights behind me. I look down to see what IM doing and im at 40 speed limits 45 but here you can go over 5mph sometime 10. Well I pull over and Im pissed WTF did I do. The cop comes up to me and ask do you know why I pulled you over I tell him no " You where going 60 in a 45" I was like WTF!!! I tell him theres no way that My 96 hp car can achive 60 with in half a block. I told him that I was looking at my speed and I dint even get passed 45!. Well the cops is an ass and tells me "I dont care what its says I got you going 60!. I ask him what did you get my on(Radar, lazer ect) the cop says "Dont worrie about it Ill give you the ticket you'll find out". Well after all this I look on the ticket and the radar was not check the lazer was not checked the other box was. The cop was juts being a Grade A asshole. so I go tell me dad that I want to fight it I mean that ticket should be easy to dismiss well my dad pays it without telling me. IM not complaining about that I dint want him to pay for it. Later on that month I get a notice of suspend of my license. 3 great months, Not all because the ass cop but that was uncalled for.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts