Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the way to work this morning I had some guy is a '00 '01 mustang gt get on my ass. Needless to say I f'ed him up on both runs. Instead of the normal thumbs up that I get and give he decided to get all pissy and pass traffic by going on the shoulder. Now this was on the beltway so the shoulders were tiny. Then he starts zipping in and out of traffic. God I hate these sore loosers.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
and yes Mustang GT's put down MAYBE 230 rwhp

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
gouki9000 said:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: NO THEY DONT

do i need to provide dyno sheets? we are talking two different power bands here....the GT mustang is a low to mid range car when a SRT4 is solid mid and upper car.

from roll Power adder car > N/a

i love when people dog on mustang drivers cause they cant hang up top. Its quite funny actually. Anyone in their right mind would know a GT vs a turbo car be it a 4 cylinder or a v8 that the turbo car would win.

I would love to see a power adder mustang vs an SRT4 happen :thumbsup:

wait i think we have had this happen....

bone stock 03-04 cobra > SRT4 modded

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Maybe the Mustang Owner was in a real emergency.... maybe he had to get home and take a dump.

·
Registered
355 Posts
XplicitPerformance said:
do i need to provide dyno sheets? we are talking two different power bands here....the GT mustang is a low to mid range car when a SRT4 is solid mid and upper car.

i love when people dog on mustang drivers cause they cant hang up top. Its quite funny actually. Anyone in their right mind would know a GT vs a turbo car be it a 4 cylinder or a v8 that the turbo car would win.

How about a bone stock 03-04 Viper > 03-04 cobra modified, lets not get into another SRT-4 vs. mustang thread. Both are good cars. The only comparison should be $ for $ performance in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
i'd put up

a stock viper vs a modded cobra any day

matter of fact ill pull up a video and show u what happens when a "modded" cobra takes on a viper ;)

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
XplicitPerformance said:
[email protected] u racing a GT.....

230 hp Turbo weighing 2900lbs > 230hp N/A car weighing around 3500-3600 lbs
I have a little more hp than that. :eveilgrin:

·
Banned
2,163 Posts
XplicitPerformance said:

1968 Dodge SS Hemi Dart...
Fact: 10.5 sec 1/4 stock...
Fact: Over 600 WHP stock
Fact: >*> slobra...

just 8 little cylinders...:eeeek:

Dodge > Ford

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
maxhptech said:
Both are good cars. The only comparison should be $ for $ performance in my opinion.
This is only true when it come to the new mustangs.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
okay i cant find it...but my buddys modded 03 cobra walked all over a viper a while back...let me do some digging and ill post the vid up

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What year viper?

·
Registered
355 Posts
And I was dragged into it. Ok, I dragged myself into it.

Dude, you appear to have a real chip on your shoulder. Were you traumatized by a Dodge early in life. Like I said, I like mustangs. They are very good cars. Especially the new gen mustangs. I almost bought one for our next project car. Decided not to, due to the market was already established and a new vendor would have a tough time making a name.

Yes, you put enough money into a cobra and it could take a viper in the ¼ mile. Will that same cobra be faster then the stock Viper. I don’t think so. It would be quicker but not faster. It would be designed and build for the quarter mile. In the end the Viper would still be faster or as you put it “hang up top”. This is given the $ spent is comparable to the stock viper cost. Sure, you put $200k into a cobra and now you have a competition car that will then face modified Vipers. You either design it for quarter mile or the salt flats. Either way it could only be compared to = $ cars.

Also, there are all types of racing. Take for example the stock viper in my sig. It is stock from the factory. But, that mother fucker is not street legal and cost $175k. For a $175k you could build a cobra that will take it in the quarter mile. But, I seriously doubt you could build a cobra for $175k that will take it on the track.

To me this is a futile argument unless you are comparing apple to apple. ¼ mile racing, track racing, rally racing, etc… and $ for $.

What are you looking for? I know what you want: OOOO lord mustang owner you have the ultimate car. We are not worthy to even drive on the same street with you. Have mercy on our Dodges and for give us for driving inferior cars.

Are we good now?

·
Banned
2,170 Posts
YellowSV650S said:
Maybe the Mustang Owner was in a real emergency.... maybe he had to get home and take a dump.
I agree with this guy :wah?!: , sometimes u just gotta bomb the harbor

·
Banned
3,359 Posts
srt4-acr.cpjay said:
I agree with this guy :wah?!: , sometimes u just gotta bomb the harbor
nah... he was racing to the nearest dodge dealership to see if they had any more srt-4's left.. gauranteed...

·
Banned
2,170 Posts
PopsCityPops said:
nah... he was racing to the nearest dodge dealership to see if they had any more srt-4's left.. gauranteed...
tru... :thumbsup: ...oh yea and i did look vida up...DAMN :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,547 Posts
maxhptech said:
Also, there are all types of racing. Take for example the stock viper in my sig. It is stock from the factory. But, that mother fucker is not street legal and cost $175k. For a $175k you could build a cobra that will take it in the quarter mile. But, I seriously doubt you could build a cobra for $175k that will take it on the track.
actually, the viper competition coupe lists for $129,500 msrp from dodge. as far as street legal, all you have to do is change out the lexan windows i think. either way, thats one bad ass car. and i dare you to find a slobra that outperforms that car. of course, if you put 50-60 grand into it you coould. but again...track car, road car, or top speed car?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts