Dodge SRT Forum banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Here ya go noTe... this is about as far as we want to go, because the bottem of the facia is now out alittle farther than the fender edge......

This is the insane kit....sorry it got dark before I could fab up another set.....

·
Registered
4,798 Posts
that is insane :)

·
Premium Member
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
gdflys said:
instant manufacturer haha

insane is right.
Customers come first in my book ;) And If I can make a change right away I will...

But now I'm going to have to offer the new size to all that put in the orders, and alow them to up size if they like.... maybe it was a good thing FedEx was closed today ;)

·
Premium Member
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Here are more pictures in the daylight....

IWantAn04 said:
any pics of the new INSANE size?
right here, this is a half inch wider than the agressive size, this is just about all the farther you want to go, because the bottom edge is starting to stick out beyond the fender and if you go any farther it will look kind of gay IMO..... and it is putting as much stress across the facia as I want to put.....you can all thank noTe for this one he is the one who hounded me to go wider ;) :clap:

http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=257388

INSANE....

·
Premium Member
6,649 Posts
He always likes taken things wider. :rofl:

You may want to have a chase car tag along side and see if anything happens at ahem high speeds. I'd like to see how it does at track speeds.

·
Registered
6,282 Posts
daytonagts said:
noTe said:
That's what I'm talkin' about.
Well your the reason I did them, glad your happy now ;)
Haha, well I'm sure you are going to make a ton of these for people.

gdflys said:
You may want to have a chase car tag along side and see if anything happens at ahem high speeds. I'd like to see how it does at track speeds.
Yeah, I'll let everyone know how they hold up. I'm sure they'll work great.

·
Premium Member
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I've done them so they are pretty ridged, the first batch is made out of .063 Aluminum .... but I think that was a bit of over kill, the Insane set I made last night I made out of .032 and it is accually alot easier to install because you don't have to bend it to fit, and is very strong when it comes to the side to side strength this piece needs.... I am going to add on additional fastner that I originally didn't plan for but I think it will help tie the whole thing together very tightly ;)

But I do want feed back from you guys who recieve these so that if I need to make any other little changes I can.

·
Registered
11,316 Posts
holy crap the white is HAWT. I vote this as # 1 appearance mod of the year, hands down. it changes the car sooo much God I love it!

·
Registered
6,282 Posts
01rtgurl said:
holy crap the white is HAWT. I vote this as # 1 appearance mod of the year, hands down. it changes the car sooo much God I love it!
This is a modification for function, not appearance. At least for the "insane" set.

·
Registered
11,316 Posts
noTe said:
01rtgurl said:
This is a modification for function, not appearance. At least for the "insane" set.
hmph. guess you're right, wasn't thinking of it like that when i posted :jester:

·
Registered
6,282 Posts
01rtgurl said:
noTe said:
01rtgurl said:
hmph. guess you're right, wasn't thinking of it like that when i posted :jester:
Heh, it's okay. I just said that because I don't buy anything for my car unless it actually has a function.. haha.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts