Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a pair of used 23" slicks probably a couple years ago and they may have been sitting around before that. Looks like they still have enough rubber left though. I was just wondering if they age or go bad at all and also if there was a certain way that I was supposed to store them.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I bought a pair of used 23" slicks probably a couple years ago and they may have been sitting around before that. Looks like they still have enough rubber left though. I was just wondering if they age or go bad at all and also if there was a certain way that I was supposed to store them.
Hello 7055,

If the slicks are that old, do not run them. Save up some $ and get a new set.

SlicksMH

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I wanted to atleast get some runs in on these because I can't afford new ones right now. Is there anything dangerous about running old slicks?

And when I invest in new slicks, is there a certain way I have to store them?

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Well I wanted to atleast get some runs in on these because I can't afford new ones right now. Is there anything dangerous about running old slicks?

( You could hit the wall )

And when I invest in new slicks, is there a certain way I have to store them?
When you store them let the air out of slicks, keep them out of the weather and cover the slicks up.

SlciksMH

·
Banned
2,943 Posts
Hello dodgez,

When you have a slick/any slick that is 2-years old or longer and up top it looks like longer, the compound can go away and lose it's bite. Is it dangerous, yes it can be so it's better to be save then sorry.

SlicksMH
so wheel spin is the danger not that it is going to blow out from age.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts