Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting S2 VERY soon, I just don't know what to go with!! I know it's been gone over before but I want to hear from owners of both.

I go to the track every now and then. Basically, when I get a new mod. I plan on staying stock turbo for the rest of the loan (3 1/2 yrs) and that's why I'm sticking with Stage upgrades. Friend of mine has S2 W/toys and put down 282WHP, so what would the S2 W/O toys put down. There's a big difference in price and I'm torn. I'd appreciate ANY help!

Tony

·
Banned
917 Posts
neither.

s0 w/ a dtec, and meth injection. tune wisely on racegas, and you'll get more timing/power from that than youll need, and more than s2 w/ toys.

what are your power goals?

i can tell you right now, w/ 1400 to spend (s2 w/ toys price), you can make a KILLER setup.

ive pumped maybe 2g's into my setup, and i can tell you i am well around 320hp. s0

s2 wga - junk
map/tip sensors - does you NO GOOD if you're going to tune
s2 pcm - gains are to be spectacle. no proof showing you can put down more than any other pcm
ic sprayer- joke.
toys - sensitive. use meth and race gas instead.

·
Registered
795 Posts
with toys cause the dab feture and high octane mode are nice. but if you plan on going non pcm controlled boost and feul computer than just stage 2 w/o toys is your choice.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
christian! said:
neither.

s0 w/ a dtec, and meth injection. tune wisely on racegas, and you'll get more timing/power from that than youll need, and more than s2 w/ toys.

i can tell you right now, w/ 1400 to spend (s2 w/ toys price), you can make a KILLER setup.

ive pumped maybe 2g's into my setup, and i can tell you i am well around 320hp. s0

s2 wga - junk
s2 pcm - gains are to be spectacle. no proof showing you can put down more than any other pcm
ic sprayer- joke.
I'm really trying to avoid splicing wires and all that stuff. I need to have as safe a setup as possible being that I still owe $19K on this thing. I like the plug and play of the S2. As for power, 300WHP would be plenty. I know for the money, tuning myself would get more power, but I'll have to wait a few years to really go to work.

Tony :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Sp3kter said:
with toys cause the dab feture and high octane mode are nice. but if you plan on going non pcm controlled boost and feul computer than just stage 2 w/o toys is your choice.
X2 plus if you get the meth injection from cooling mist then you could hold hom with that.

·
Banned
917 Posts
[QUOTE='05NeonMaaaaan]
christian! said:
neither.

s2 wga - junk
ic sprayer- joke.
I'm really trying to avoid splicing wires and all that stuff. I need to have as safe a setup as possible being that I still owe $19K on this thing. I like the plug and play of the S2. As for power, 300WHP would be plenty. I know for the money, tuning myself would get more power, but I'll have to wait a few years to really go to work.

Tony :thumbsup:[/QUOTE]

dtec has like 7wires to splice. you still need to splice anyways for toys. so it makes no difference.

my driveability is excellent. and i have yet to have 1 issue w/ my car that would be related to my mods.

take it for what its worth, but for 1400...you can have a VERY reliable high hp stock turbo car that would rail s2 w/ toy cars.

if yo decide to go that route, let me know, ill lend an opinion on a setup

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
christian! said:
[QUOTE='05NeonMaaaaan]
christian! said:
neither.

s2 wga - junk
ic sprayer- joke.

Tony :thumbsup:

dtec has like 7wires to splice. you still need to splice anyways for toys. so it makes no difference.

my driveability is excellent. and i have yet to have 1 issue w/ my car that would be related to my mods.

take it for what its worth, but for 1400...you can have a VERY reliable high hp stock turbo car that would rail s2 w/ toy cars.

if yo decide to go that route, let me know, ill lend an opinion on a setup[/QUOTE]

You dont have to splice any wires if you get the kit.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
I had the toys version, and I loved it. Sure it's not a dyno queen, runs pig rich, but it works and it works well on the street IMO. My best advice is ask yourself what you want out of it. Do you want to play with boost, and fuel, and tuning, or do you want to just add on parts and be done. A LOOOOOOOOT of people put on S2 and should be slapped in the face along with the last step of the install. So many of these people have huge boost leaks and can't figure why the car is slow, and put's down crappy numbers. I will admit the S2 wga is not all that great. I went with and AGP and it was a heaven sent. Put down 292 whp 330 wtq with minor bolt-ons.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Pimpazzberetta said:
I had the toys version, and I loved it. Sure it's not a dyno queen, runs pig rich, but it works and it works well on the street IMO. My best advice is ask yourself what you want out of it. Do you want to play with boost, and fuel, and tuning, or do you want to just add on parts and be done. A LOOOOOOOOT of people put on S2 and should be slapped in the face along with the last step of the install. So many of these people have huge boost leaks and can't figure why the car is slow, and put's down crappy numbers. I will admit the S2 wga is not all that great. I went with and AGP and it was a heaven sent. Put down 292 whp 330 wtq with minor bolt-ons.
What PSI were you set at?

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Pimpazzberetta said:

That's the thing, I work a TON and really don't have the time to monkey around with shit. I'd much rather just bolt on parts and haul ass. I just can't mess with this car yet but I want more out of it. The last thing I need to do is screw something up and have a $500 a month heap.

Thanks for all the info guys, keep it comin'! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
[QUOTE='05NeonMaaaaan]
Pimpazzberetta said:

That's the thing, I work a TON and really don't have the time to monkey around with shit. I'd much rather just bolt on parts and haul ass. I just can't mess with this car yet but I want more out of it. The last thing I need to do is screw something up and have a $500 a month heap.

Thanks for all the info guys, keep it comin'! :thumbsup:[/QUOTE]

Then S2 is right up your alley. I have S2 w/o and love the driveability and I have no shame on the highway when it comes time to use the power. Pimpazzberetta is right when he says you must check for boost leaks. I wasn't all that impressed with S2 when I first got it until I checked and found boost leaks at my IC hoses with those stupid factory worm drive clamps. I went with T bolt clamps and zip tied all of the vacuum lines and gained 2 psi. What a freaking difference! The agp wga without a dual stage bc is a PITA. PTB sucks big time. Drive it really easy or go WOT. Nothing in between so driveability sucks. You can defeat PTB with a dsbc and have great driveability again. Went that route with my '03 PT GT. Really depends what you want. I stayed with the S2 wga on my srt and am happy.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
White Heat said:
[QUOTE='05NeonMaaaaan]
Pimpazzberetta said:

Thanks for all the info guys, keep it comin'! :thumbsup:
Then S2 is right up your alley. I have S2 w/o and love the driveability and I have no shame on the highway when it comes time to use the power. Pimpazzberetta is right when he says you must check for boost leaks. I wasn't all that impressed with S2 when I first got it until I checked and found boost leaks at my IC hoses with those stupid factory worm drive clamps. I went with T bolt clamps and zip tied all of the vacuum lines and gained 2 psi. What a freaking difference! The agp wga without a dual stage bc is a PITA. PTB sucks big time. Drive it really easy or go WOT. Nothing in between so driveability sucks. You can defeat PTB with a dsbc and have great driveability again. Went that route with my '03 PT GT. Really depends what you want. I stayed with the S2 wga on my srt and am happy.[/QUOTE]

What kind of track times did you run on S2?

I already did a BL test and fixed all the leaks I had.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
643 Posts
Stage 2 WITH TOYS!!! I am running it and I am VERY PLEASED!! Got me a 12.3 @ 108 with the mods listed in my sig. I installed a Psi-Fi direct fit FMIC today and have a DCR 55mm TB on the way. The car was on slicks that day and in flurries of snow. I could have had a better burnout, and that day I could have got a 12.1 or better out of it. With the next bolt ons its high 11s. Here is a link to the thread from that day. I am the OB in the second half of the post.

http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=336625&highlight=carazyguy

·
Registered
943 Posts
Ive been debating stage 2 with or without toys for a while now. Ive got a question ? I have no use in race gas so hom doesnt matter to me. The toys vertion has the dab settings If you have no toys what setting if any is the car set to. Meaning is no toys like the dab2 setting all the time?

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
penaw001 said:
Pimpazzberetta said:
What PSI were you set at?
I would spike 20 and pretty much hold 17-20 depending on what gear I was in.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Dragvan said:
Ive been debating stage 2 with or without toys for a while now. Ive got a question ? I have no use in race gas so hom doesnt matter to me. The toys vertion has the dab settings If you have no toys what setting if any is the car set to. Meaning is no toys like the dab2 setting all the time?

Good question! I'd like to know that too!

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Or stage 2 w/o toys and a SST. At 18,19 psi you do not need any fuel mods.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts