Dodge SRT Forum banner
521 - 540 of 560 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,303 Posts
I have no proof, but i believe the e85 was slowly destroying the aluminum quick disconnect attached to my FPR. When i pulled it off the car i couldn't get the brass fitting out of it (seems fully seized together), and peering through it I can see a strange corkscrew of metal material lodged in the middle. Seems to be the current cause of fuel problems i'm having. I'll know for sure once i replace it. Just a heads up to people running a quick dc on the oem feed line. Inspect it every so often.

On that same note, the quick dc attached to my rail seems to be just fine. I didn't notice any corrosion issues inside that one.

Quick dc:

·
Premium Member, SRT of the Month
3,602 Posts
No you missed it...he typed out a sentence that sounded retarded - it had the word first in it like three times. So me being me I had to point out just how "special" he sounded. However, he edited the post I was making fun of :(

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
No you missed it...he typed out a sentence that sounded retarded - it had the word first in it like three times. So me being me I had to point out just how "special" he sounded. However, he edited the post I was making fun of :(
Win!! So who looks like the special one now.

·
Registered
343 Posts
So I know this thread is 4 years old, but damn is there a lot of good information here. So you can flame me all you want for bumping it. :lol: Honestly though I think people seeing this thread who were unsure about converting will be refreshed to have this information.

How are all the long term E85 users holding up? Do you run a tank or two of 93 octane gas once in a while to clean out the gunk?

·
Registered
878 Posts
Good point, I wouldn't mind some feedback from those running e-85 for long periods of time (2+yrs)

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I've been running it for about 6 years now on an ESSENTIALLY (yep I did that just for you) stock fuel system. Stock lines, stock rail, stock canister, stock fpr, and stock tank with no problems besides the injectors periodically getting gunky. I don't run 91 (93 isn't available to me) through it unless there isn't E85 available for some reason (traveling long distances etc). But I do regularly clean the injectors...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
I've been running it for about 6 years now on an ESSENTIALLY (yep I did that just for you) stock fuel system. Stock lines, stock rail, stock canister, stock fpr, and stock tank with no problems besides the injectors periodically getting gunky. I don't run 91 (93 isn't available to me) through it unless there isn't E85 available for some reason (traveling long distances etc). But I do regularly clean the injectors...
:grin: That's cool that you've had no problems with the stock line. Maybe people will finally start to accept the fact that e85 isn't more corrosive than gas.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
:grin: That's cool that you've had no problems with the stock line. Maybe people will finally start to accept the fact that e85 isn't more corrosive than gas.

In all honesty, I actually wonder whether the black gunk buildup is from the stock line or dirty fuel. I've gotten gunk since the beginning when I started using E85, BUT, up until this year, we haven't had a single station that used NEW tanks for their E85. They all recycled old diesel tanks. We recently had quite a few brand new Kwik Trips open up around the city that carry E85 and have all new tanks (as far as I know) so I'll be doing my best to fill only from them and monitor the buildup.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
I never had the black gunk and I've been running E85 longer than almost everybody here. It's all about the materials in the car and the fuel supplier. These cars are essentially ready for E85 from the factory (except for the fuel senders in some model years), so it's not the car, it's where you get your fuel.

521 - 540 of 560 Posts