Dodge SRT Forum banner
501 - 520 of 560 Posts

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
It used to be cheaper, but while my car was down for the rebuild, the owners of the station I used shut down all their stations in town. Now there are only like 3 places to get it, and it's not that cheap. Still worth it though.

·
Registered
5,863 Posts
Yup that is what I am contemplating on. I love the performance you get out of it, but at 19mpgs and $3.39 a gallon here, (same as 87) I am thinking about switching back unless I know there is a car meet/race coming up. There is another station that is like $3.19 but it is not worth driving out of my way to get there.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Has anyone used the Lucas ethanol conditioner and stabilizer? Does it work?

Sent from my iPhone

·
Registered
810 Posts
Zman, I use it in every tank,m I believe it does work buy adding lubrication to the fuel.

I think of e85 more as a streetable alcohol than a race gas! Alcohol is better than any high octane gasoline
I was jw I bought some to try. Going to try it tomorrow. I'm just worried about the gummy injectors.

Sent from my iPhone

·
Registered
659 Posts
I know a local tuner who used the lucas e85 stabilizer when he put his turbo fox-body away for the winter. He seemed happy with the stuff. I've used their E85 injector cleaner as well. It seems to do the job, but I want to get a sample of the black goop to see if that injector cleaner dissolves it.

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
My car sat for almost a year with a full tank of E85. I started it with that gas, but it ran a little rough. I drained it out, got a new batch and the car ran the same. Turns out my injectors were varnished from me just pulling the whole rail and putting it on the shelf for all this time. I sprayed the intake part and the tips with electronic cleaner. Runs like a champ. My gas gauge still works and it's been 4 years now. I've never had gummy stuff either. I think some places just have crappy E85, so beware.

·
Registered
810 Posts

·
Registered
9,401 Posts
So I went ahead n finished ordering what shoulda ordered awhile ago. Gonna have -8 now from fpr to rail only bottle neck now will b rail it's self. See what kinda extra fuel this gives me

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
E85 is > w/m or race gas any day of the week.

For example I tuned a car the other week that made 360whp on 26psi and w/m and then put it E85 and on 27psi it made 417whp. So one more pound of boost and a few degrees of timing was enabled by fuel that was cheaper then 87. I had one a few years back that picked up 20whp and 30ft lbs by switching from 110 to E85, that was on the exact same timing and boost. The fuel alone caused a gain. My old S360 would spool 200-300 RPM's sooner on E85 compared to gasoline, and that wasn't with a crazy lean spool.

I have torn apart a few engines, not just SRT's, that have ran E85 for a prolonged amount of time and never seen anything like what was posted above. The cylinder head was super clean along with the piston tops, I could even run my finger through the exhaust manifold and not get soot on my finger. I certainly haven't seen any resin like what was posted above.

Now the major downside is it's not very prevalent in a lot of areas and it CAN damage the fuel level senders. I've had a few guys running this stuff for over a year in their SRT-4's and their sensors still work, now personally I've had 2 go out. lol.

I've made over 400whp on the stock feed line with E85 on my dyno using dual pumps and an adapter fitting. We just had a AGP returnline and still used stock rail with FIC 900cc injectors.

I haven't seen any o-ring corrosion on any SRT-4's yet.

Personally I think E85 is the way to go over race gas if you have enough access to it. This time around I plan on having a pump gas 93 tune and a E85 tune for when I feel rowdy.
Finally a reputable person agrees with me those pics looked like there were caused by mistreatment before E85 JUST SAYING. I try to tell everyone to go with E85 if they nave it available

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
I'm running 87 Oct. For DD, No boost over 5psi with DW 750's.
Then I'll retune and put E-85 in, right now I'm taking long trips.
So E-85 is not available + I get better gas mileage on 87oct. = more $ in my pocket.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
So I went ahead n finished ordering what shoulda ordered awhile ago. Gonna have -8 now from fpr to rail only bottle neck now will b rail it's self. See what kinda extra fuel this gives me
Going with a boomba? I love mine...-8 feed from the swirl pot, to bosch 044 to rail, then -6 to FPR, works perfectly!

·
Registered
131 Posts
This is alot of good info. I have been thinking of running e85 but have to build my fuel system first

Sent from my MB860 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

501 - 520 of 560 Posts