Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hosted the dyno meet he dynoed at and i promised him i'd get ahold of the SAE corrected numbers. I got really pissed off when i went to TD .com and that mustang forum. So here they are:

Run #1 (the dyno graph he has) 215.6whp and 241.8wt
Run #2 215.0whp and240.30wt
Run #3 215.6whp and 230.0wt

hopefully this will end all the bickering all over the net...thanks again to RaptorRed for dynoing and www.RaceRelated.com for allowing us the use of their facilities.

·
Super Moderator
6,317 Posts
What is this saying? Is the car putting out 215 to the flywheel or is it 215 to the wheels? What happened to the 220?

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no dude, see there are several correction factors when dynoing a car. The figures i posted are SAE corrected (Society of Automotive Engineers :wink: ) and the dyno chart Raptor got was STD corrected. The dyno numbers we both posted are at the wheels so yes the car is underated so if we factor ehh 10-20% loss to the tranny then we have a 250hp and 270 torque SRT4 at the crank (approx.)

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
acr2nv said:
The dyno numbers we both posted are at the wheels so yes the car is underated so if we factor ehh 10-20% loss to the tranny then we have a 250hp and 270 torque SRT4 at the crank (approx.)
Nothing but good news. I bet all the haters know what time it is.....

·
Registered
26,203 Posts
acr2nv said:
I hosted the dyno meet he dynoed at and i promised him i'd get ahold of the SAE corrected numbers. I got really pissed off when i went to TD .com and that mustang forum. So here they are:

Run #1 (the dyno graph he has) 215.6whp and 241.8wt
Run #2 215.0whp and240.30wt
Run #3 215.6whp and 230.0wt

hopefully this will end all the bickering all over the net...thanks again to RaptorRed for dynoing and www.RaceRelated.com for allowing us the use of their facilities.
Basing on what dyno machine? Every dyno machine has slight variance on output (I.E. Sport Compact was 223fwhp).

Locally we use the DynoJet. I will still have it tested at baseline before modding the vehicle.

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
www.racerelated.com uses a Dynojet unit and is a Dynojet approved facility and its not the machines that dictate the variences in these cars its the ECU. It has so much control of the motor you should watch the motor as the car is being dynoed you'll see what i mean.

·
Registered
26,203 Posts
acr2nv said:
www.racerelated.com uses a Dynojet unit and is a Dynojet approved facility and its not the machines that dictate the variences in these cars its the ECU. It has so much control of the motor you should watch the motor as the car is being dynoed you'll see what i mean.
I will but thanks for this added information.

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hemidakota said:
I will but thanks for this added information.
even you will be like WTF!...lol....its that odd...be sure to just watch and listen for rushing air at initial boost and watch what happens from then to redline. :wink:

·
Registered
29 Posts
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid51/pc37053a0f83f195c9d00ddbde2573c83/fca3e347.jpg
those are mine
throw a .orig.jpg on the end to see the full sized dyno. 4th gear pull. On the 3rd pull i was still putting down 248lb/ft of torque!
In my PT turbo i put down 209/248tq at the wheels, SAE corrected. Now, i've been talking with quite a few people and from what i've seen the neon is pulling more boost from 4500-redline than my PT is. I'm only seeing ~9/10 psi up till redline, whereas the SRT sees ~11 after hitting the peak and then tapers/levels off to 11PSI. Makes me wonder... first why the PT has more torque *heavier, that's self explanitory* but down a few HP at the wheels. Was that a 3rd gear or a 4th gear pull? What are the ratios in that gear..
THanks much, i'm just trying to gather as much info. as possible for not only my knowledge, but hopefully help to figure out the exact ECU software differences between the 2 models. :)

edit: oh yeah, is the SRT in *DIRE* need of stiffer motor/trans mount as the PT is? I *really* need to take care of that problem before i hit the track, or i sense more than a few busted motor mounts in my future. Anybody have pics of the SRT's motor mounts so i can compare them to the GTs? Thanks again

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
mounting system should be exactly the same...trust me :wink:

·
Registered
29 Posts
lol, so it obviously also falls under the 'dire need of stiffer mounts' category as well.
For the time being I'll trying the old taped them off and fill the suckers with high-density eurethane for a 'semi solid' style of mount. i know the trans mount will be difficult to do anything with the stock one, so i'm hoping somebody comes out with a solid type setup for the motor and trans mount in the near future.

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Gary go to www.howellautomotive.com and order yourself 2 sets of REX motor mount inserts for 00+ Neons and stick them in :twisted: :twisted:

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
hemidakota, those are stock baseline numbers. The car is unmodded and will remain that way.
As acr2nv said, this was on a DynoJet unit.

Let us know what numbers you get, so we can do a comparison.

·
Registered
26,203 Posts
RaptorRed said:
hemidakota, those are stock baseline numbers. The car is unmodded and will remain that way.
As acr2nv said, this was on a DynoJet unit.

Let us know what numbers you get, so we can do a comparison.
I will need a baseline numbers before removing the turbo unit for a 20G version.

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
how can it be SAE numbers when SAE doesnt have a set standard for intercooled engines. that is why SCC dynoed it with a fan and a water sprayer, to make it more realistic.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Re: Chaning the HP rating

hemidakota said:
I think it is time for the manufactures to change policy in claiming HP/TQ numbers by just running the dyno for actual vice crankshaft.

I cannot unerstand why or who cares what the crank numbers are but what is actually at the wheel.
Well since different dynos throw down different numbers, esp. if you have AWD it would definitely be a skewed system.

·
Registered
26,203 Posts
DYNO STANDARDS

Same as with computers software and hardware, the manufactures need to sit down together to come up with a DYNO STANDARD.

I think PVO should lead the pack with this concept until all the baby boomers, ricers, and the young drivers believe this is a true rating. Then it will hopefully change the way we rate cars.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
About this Discussion
21 Replies
9 Participants
lifeisdeath
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing