Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where te oil on the intercooler pipe comes from and how to prevent it? I read somewhere that it's normal and that all SRT-4's have this problem. Where does it originate and how do you fix it? I couldn't find the source. Thanks for any info. Chris

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
"This is the thread that never ends, it just goes on and on again. This is the thread that never ends, it just goes on and on again...."

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
Oh, by the way Chris, funny question since in your sig it states "catch can" which should solve the problem. The oil will now be collected in the catch can and not in the intercooler pipe.
Which reminds me to get off my lazy ass and hook mine up soon. Right after I get rid of this hangover and find out who the strange woman in my bed is.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I have the catch can installed. I don't know if the oil is old or from another source? It's probably old since I never wiped that area off since installing the catch can a month ago. Disregard my stpid post then. I also love how people come to an overseas forum and post trash when they don't live here. I thought it would be easier to ask than use the stupid search button. It searches inside the threads and not just subject lines, which will give you 20,000 threads to read through. Later...

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
It's probably old oil then. Clean it out, then make sure all your piping is properly secured and tightened down good.

·
Banned
5,283 Posts
iball said:
Oh, by the way Chris, funny question since in your sig it states "catch can" which should solve the problem. The oil will now be collected in the catch can and not in the intercooler pipe.
Which reminds me to get off my lazy ass and hook mine up soon. Right after I get rid of this hangover and find out who the strange woman in my bed is.

Will you please tell my mom to go home

·
SRT Forums Veteran
1,198 Posts
blab10 said:
HOLY SHIT!? How many damn threads are going to be started about this subject? When will it ever stop!? Will anyone learn how to use the fucking search button?!? Seriously though, there has got to be almost a thread per day about this.

HOLY SHIT DUDE, if you don't like it then don't FUCKING READ IT :flame: ....
What a prick, no, I mean a fucking prick.......

Hey Chris, is the PCV side going to your catch can or is it the drivers side vent going to your catch can? People say to run the PCV side to your catch can but I believe this is wrong, since that goes straight into the intake manifold so the engine just burns it off, no big deal. Another issue is since it goes straight into the intake manifold, it is under pressure when the turbo is spooling so the catch can will be pressurized also, hence giving you more possible boost leaks. The drivers side vent sends the oil into your CAI tube so the oil goes through your turbo, through the hot pipe into the intercooler out the coldside through the throttle body and then into the intake manifold, so it is better to run the left side vent into the catch can.

Any questions???

·
Registered
474 Posts
Blab 10...why are u trolling around the overseas forums anyways??

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
Because a lot of people are reading the forums by clicking "Active Topics". Me, I think it's cool, people outside of our area can chime in an help us out. I don't really care one way or the other.
The others probably just like to hear us talking about running flat out to the rev limit on the autobahns. And the weird cars we see over here that will never make it to the states. I mean, where else in the world can you go and see stations wagons on the highway every day that are running at 120+ mph for hours?

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
spineshank385 said:
scmauch, the ideal setup is 2 catch cans, or 1 catch can and a breather. Put the catch can between pcv and tb, and the breather on the drivers side vent. Should solve all this guys problems.
DING DING DING! Got it in one! That's what I did. Works like a charm. Thanks, shank.

·
SRT Forums Veteran
1,198 Posts
spineshank385 said:
scmauch, the ideal setup is 2 catch cans, or 1 catch can and a breather. Put the catch can between pcv and tb, and the breather on the drivers side vent. Should solve all this guys problems.

Actually I am running two catch cans, but I still believe it is more important to run at least one CC off the drivers side vent and not the PCV vent....

:thumbsup: BUSH IS A WHORE, VOTE FOR KERRY :thumbsup:

·
Registered
60 Posts
I am haveing the same prob. I have a greddy catch can installed and my pcv is running into the can and then I have it going back into the intake.....I also have a breather on my valve cover.........I just noticed 3 days ago that their was oil on the coupler on my up pipe on the bottom by the intercooler. and the oil was also leaking onto anything that is underneath the pipe like part of the harness.......I am stumped I have abso. no idea where the oil could be comming from....the only thing I can think of is that the oil was already their from before the catch can and breather install...I remember when I installed my up pipe their was oil already in it so I cleaned it out.. i dunno maybe I didnt clean all of it out... their is no way for any oil to still get into the up pipe and intercooler with the setup i have...one more thing since the oile is leaking out of the up pipe coupler could I also be leaking boost?? WTF???!!!

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
DoubleB said:
I am haveing the same prob. I have a greddy catch can installed and my pcv is running into the can and then I have it going back into the intake.....I also have a breather on my valve cover.........I just noticed 3 days ago that their was oil on the coupler on my up pipe on the bottom by the intercooler. and the oil was also leaking onto anything that is underneath the pipe like part of the harness.......I am stumped I have abso. no idea where the oil could be comming from....the only thing I can think of is that the oil was already their from before the catch can and breather install...I remember when I installed my up pipe their was oil already in it so I cleaned it out.. i dunno maybe I didnt clean all of it out... their is no way for any oil to still get into the up pipe and intercooler with the setup i have...one more thing since the oile is leaking out of the up pipe coupler could I also be leaking boost?? WTF???!!!
Read, son, read. While what you have is ok I guess (a big thread on this is on the forums, search for it) if you put the CC on the OTHER side, it works better. I did this with my $20 Catch Can and it works like a charm.

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
Not the mounting location. Where you have the CC hooked up to. Slap a breather on the port on the drivers side off the valve cover, cap the CAI part, then run the CC from the passenger side on top of the valve cover between that and the throttle body.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.