Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like everytime I look under my car I have a damn spot of oil coming from someplace new. The first leak was about a month ago, the oil drain plug got stripped during an oil change at the shop. Had to drill the old on out and replace it.
Then a couple weeks ago I notice some oil spatter on the firewall, get to looking and see the the corner of my valve cover was leaking. So today I took off the valve cover, replaced the gasket and RTVed the hell out of it.
Pull the car out of the garage and see another spot of oil on the ground!! :wah?!: This time it's about the size of a silver dollar. Jack the car up and get to looking and see oil around the drain plug again. Get up in there closer and see that the oil is running down the side of the oil pan from somewhere above. :crying:

Guess what I get to do this weekend :crying:

·
Premium Member
6,186 Posts
get a new oil pan w/ plug

prb solved

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
It might just be some that was still finding its way to the ground. Did you bolt the valve cover in the right sequence...

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ofcourse ;) The Cover is definately not leaking anymore....no oil anywhere around it since I cleaned it off. The cover was leaking on the intake side, this leak is on the drive belt side

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
you may not beleive it, but i bet your valve cover is still leaking. i thought i had mine all good and tight but it wasnt. took it to the dealer and they fixed it for free.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
lunchbox660 said:
you may not beleive it, but i bet your valve cover is still leaking. i thought i had mine all good and tight but it wasnt. took it to the dealer and they fixed it for free.
thats why I asked if he bolted it right. Mine was leaking down on the passanger side..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts