Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fixed the valve cover leak but now I'm noticing the engine is consuming oil.

Check valve? Oil catch can? Dual oil catch can?

I noticed the top breather line on the valave cover that connects to the intake has oil. So my thoughts are the turbo is spooling and sucking oil from the valve cover....?

Should there be a check valve or catch can in-between this?

I hear everyone one running it between the PCV and throttle body.

I hope it's not the valve seals or turbo seal.

Anyone ever find a true solution?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well it's not leaking on the tube, just noticed it when I moved the rubber hose a bit, there is oil where it's pressed into the intake. No leak on the valave cover.....just seems oil is traveling from the valve cover through the intake and into the turbo.

Should a check valve be there?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well it's not leaking on the tube, just noticed it when I moved the rubber hose a bit, there is oil where it's pressed into the intake. No leak on the valave cover.....just seems oil is traveling from the valve cover through the intake and into the turbo.

Should a check valve be there?
There should be a PCV on top of your valve cover that goes to your intake manifold. On many SRT4s, there will be an oil catch can between the PCV and the intake manifold. I'd suggest the first thing you do here is take the PCV off the valve cover and shake it to make sure it isn't stuck closed. If it is, you should replace it so you can properly vent your excess pressure in your crankcase. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
The short tube is an inlet, not an outlet, if its blowing out theres a restriction in the PCV system.. or there excess gasses in the crankcase causing the gasses to escape out the in hole.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So if I shake the PCV on top of the valve cover it should make a rattling sound? Assuming it's not stuck?

If this part fails then there is oil loss?

I'm considering of installing a check valve on the hose. Maybe a catch can too? Should I do a check valve and catch can on the driver side port too?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok just installed a MPX check valve with new 3/8 rubber fuel line. Its on there tight and arrow pointing towards the throttle body. Dam check valve was pricey! But just want to solve this oil loss issue so didn't want to go with a ebay $3 check valve.

No catch can yet....that may be next if I find a better priced one.

The stock PCV valve on the valve cover does rattle....sort of like a ball inside of it is loose. Slides back and forth as I turn it.

Just FYI I have noticed oil moisture around the oil fill cap and PCV hose connections before.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just want to update

After installing the check valve I no longer have oil consumption like before. So the stock plastic check valve on the valve cover must have been bad.

Now checking the oil after a few days of driving the oil level is good.

Now to address my heating issues and boost leak issues when reaching 15 psi....all I get is studder and flutter. Anything under 15 psi it holds fine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts