Dodge SRT Forum banner

oil leak

2K views 22 replies 12 participants last post by  Dark-SRT4 
#1 ·
I was just wondering how many of us have oil leaks
I have some oil residue on the front of my oil pan I took it to the dealer and they put dye in the oil, I went back 1 1/2 weeks later and they said there was no leak that they could find. :flame: I said well then where did the oil residue come frome then :bang: they said to put paper down under the car and watch for drops :wah?!: friggin pane in the ass dealers. :gay: I know the oil is coming from the oil pan gasket but they are to fucking dumb to listen to me. :WTF:

#2 ·
Oil Leak

Hey MR speed, I was changing my oil one day and noticed some oil coming down an intercooler line and traced it up to the PCV valve...took it to the dealer and they said its the design of the turbo and that because the turbo is forcing so much air everywhere that the pcv blows oil to maintain compression. kinna BS but thats what they say. These guys know their shit too so i kinna believe em. but they said that this car runs dirty and that the oil should also be changed every 2500 miles rather than 3000.

GOOD LUCK BRO!
GI JOE

#4 ·
no it is not the intercooler.
I just figuered it out this morning, I went to clean off the oil residue on the motor when I decided to check the oil pan bolts, and guess what :flame:
all of the bolts on the oil pan towards the front of the car were hand tight
I knew it was the oil pan, you would think when I said to the dealer I think it is the oil pan that they would check the bolts instead of dicking around with the dye, and wasting my time :hm?:

#11 · (Edited)
oil leaks

I just had my crank and cam seals replaced. Also the oil pan gasket/seal was replaced. Lot's of oil seepage around passenger side of motor.

#12 ·
well

Think seals are leaking again :flame: Guess I'll be going into shop for third time now for this problem. :stab: Going to clean off oil pan and check in a couple of days again just to make sure.

#13 ·
GOTNEON said:
Think seals are leaking again :flame: Guess I'll be going into shop for third time now for this problem. .

R U SURE its the oil pan...i guess that would be pretty easy to tell...if there is no oil ABOVE the gasket.....but i do know that unless you have a catch can your gonna see some oil going someplace...typically down the lower intercooler line below that M.A.F. sensor from the PCV valve. it blows out oil under max boost to keep compression.. i have seen this on ALMOST every SRT4 i have looked at.

I ONO MAN.......good luck. just seems like a pan gasket would be a SUPER EASY fix.

GIJOE

#15 ·
Don't know

Going to clean oil pan up tomorrow and see if it's still leaking. Pretty sure dealer cleaned up everything from last time. The only thing not replaced on front of engine was head gasket....but they assured me that this was not leaking. Well, we'll see what they say this time. Going to suck though...getting close to a month's worth of time that I've lost car to dealer working on it.. :stab: :flame: Know everyone there basically on a first name basis :lol: Nice people though. Just can't figure this all out though...treat my car good, don't beat it or take to the track. Always run premium gas, mobil 1 oil....oh well...knew I have this happen to me someday with a new car. Does anyone know If this could be claimed under the lemon law in PA?

#17 ·
hmmm

extremecoto said:
Probably depends on how you address it. I mean technically the car runs fine.
Car does run great....at least since I had the 3K throttle stick fixed. :clap:
Overall happy with car and don't want to go thru ordeal of trying to claim lemon law if I continue to have problems with oil leak. Guess I can just run it and when leak gets bad take it in to be fixed again. Not sure what I'm going to do though when I pass 36K. 100 bucks every time under 7/70 powertrain warranty for 36+k. OUCH! But crank seal took 8hrs for them to do, which is like around 450bucks without warranty. Have a lawyer hotline thru my company that I can call. Think I'll call them and see what they think if I continue to have problems. Then take it from there.

#19 ·
My oil pan is leaking, they have already fixed one oil leak, well actually 2 at the same time. One was the oil cooler where it hooks to the block and the other was the bolt fell out of the oil return line on the turbo and leaked oil every where. Now the oil pan on the passanger side is leaking just alittle. Im not going to worry about it, I dont want to go threw the hassle and besides Im having the dealer install a clutch soon and if they see it Ill get it took care of then. If they dont see it I might fix it later on.

#21 ·
Hmmm

Seems like more and more SRT owners are comming out and admiting that they have oil leaks....WTF! Doesn't mopar know how to put an engine together? or design one properly so it doesn't have leaks? Oh well, guess this will be one of the several faults with our SRT's that will haunt many of us thru the years to come. Next car will be a suby again though. No problems mechanical problems with wife's suby since new...now has 50k. Do love my SRT, but just wish I could have a month with nothing leaking or going wrong with car. :stab: Guess I can live with a little leaking as long as it doesn't get too bad. Let's keep the ball rolling here, Does anyone else have oil leaking from their motor????????????????????????????????????????????????

#22 ·
Oh yeah

So far no leak. :clap: Since I cleaned off residue from oil pan. Maybe mechanics didn't wipe away all the oil or some remained on front of motor and dribbled down :lol: Just hope all stays well with my car now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.