Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hallo
I have the K&N SRI and the also included a little air filter for the valve cover. What i noticed recently is that oil comes out of it. It was dirty and i washed it, but like a month later i can see that its still dirty, full of oil... Is that normal??

·
Registered
624 Posts
jedaj said:
Hallo
I have the K&N SRI and the also included a little air filter for the valve cover. What i noticed recently is that oil comes out of it. It was dirty and i washed it, but like a month later i can see that its still dirty, full of oil... Is that normal??
You need to hook it back up to the intake. Your rings will thank you. If your intake doesn't have a place to hook it up sell it and buy one that does. You can run a catch can between the valve cover and the air intake to help keep the oil out.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
ruffian said:
jedaj said:
Hallo
You need to hook it back up to the intake. Your rings will thank you. If your intake doesn't have a place to hook it up sell it and buy one that does. You can run a catch can between the valve cover and the air intake to help keep the oil out.
:imwithstu

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Exhaust Depot said:
Thats normal blow by so you do get oil. 100% stock car gets oil in the breather also in the intake box.
ok so i dont have to worry about it and just clean it once in a while, yes?
thanx:thumbsup:

·
Registered
624 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ruffian said:
jedaj said:
Exhaust Depot said:
Thats normal blow by so you do get oil. 100% stock car gets oil in the breather also in the intake box.
Hey bud read this thread. Pay close attention to post #49, 50, and 51.

http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=329758&page=4&highlight=pcv+vent
thanx ive read it, but its a bit confusing to me couse my english sux a bit :gay:
can u just tell me do i have to worry about it or just clean it once in a while and do nothing more?

·
Registered
624 Posts
jedaj said:
ruffian said:
jedaj said:
Exhaust Depot said:

http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=329758&page=4&highlight=pcv+vent
thanx ive read it, but its a bit confusing to me couse my english sux a bit :gay:
can u just tell me do i have to worry about it or just clean it once in a while and do nothing more?
Not having it hooked up can cause engine wear. There's no reason to have it not hooked up. If you get a lot of blow by put a catch can between the valve cover and air intake. I have a catch can on mine but it rarely has any oil in it.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ruffian said:
jedaj said:
ruffian said:
jedaj said:
Exhaust Depot said:

Not having it hooked up can cause engine wear. There's no reason to have it not hooked up. If you get a lot of blow by put a catch can between the valve cover and air intake. I have a catch can on mine but it rarely has any oil in it.
thank you very much that was the answer that i was looking for :thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts