Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going with a t3/t4 oil cooled setup on my 05 Pt Gt and I was curious since the turbo is oil cooled if I can order the N/a coolant pipes? (the ones that rust really bad that run from the water pump to the turbo and heater core and I believe the third is a return line) rather than the 350$ turbo ones along with the N/a water pump inlet?

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I'm going with a t3/t4 oil cooled setup on my 05 Pt Gt and I was curious since the turbo is oil cooled if I can order the N/a coolant pipes? (the ones that rust really bad that run from the water pump to the turbo and heater core and I believe the third is a return line) rather than the 350$ turbo ones along with the N/a water pump inlet?
Thats what i would do.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Lilviper I'm sorry I know it seems like a dumb question with an obvious answer but honestly the lines on mine are trash I honestly forgot the true functionality of each part of those tubes but I figure the N/a route would be the most affordable path with no capping seeing as the turbo hard lines were like 50$ 2 or 3 years ago now they're like 350$ lol and N/a lines are like 45$ thank you sir

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update

The turbo coolant tubes are now 375 and Mopar totally discontinued them so I'm curious how people will deal with theirs when they bust seeing as every PT/GT or srt4s tubes that I've owned have been rotted to no return I'd imagine it's a widespread issue in the community

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Update

The turbo coolant tubes are now 375 and Mopar totally discontinued them so I'm curious how people will deal with theirs when they bust seeing as every PT/GT or srt4s tubes that I've owned have been rotted to no return I'd imagine it's a widespread issue in the community
I just got a used set from a car down south.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,870 Posts
I'm very curious is there is a set of N/A pipes that will work. I was planning to take my stock lines to have the turbo nipples welded shut... if i can just swap in another set, that would be more ideal.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's the turbo lines the only thing missing from the N/a lines is that 2 to 3 inch line that goes to the turbo so in theory an oil cooled setup should be alright I think I have a set of each at home and the routing and shapes exactly the same except that 2 to 3 inch piece I think

·
Premium Member
4,870 Posts
That's the turbo lines the only thing missing from the N/a lines is that 2 to 3 inch line that goes to the turbo so in theory an oil cooled setup should be alright I think I have a set of each at home and the routing and shapes exactly the same except that 2 to 3 inch piece I think
So the link i posted, you think it wont work for some reason?

I have an oil only cooled turbo and no oil cooler... based on the picture, i think what i posted might work exactly how i want it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I circled what I was talking about as being the only difference is that circled in red is for the water cooled turbos and that's just not there on the N/a lines that's why I was making this post to verify my theory and I think you and have it figured out which is good cause there aren't a bunch of specific t3/t4 threads on here and I have very specific questions as far as coolant lines and exhaust setups

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,870 Posts
I ordered the PT Cruiser N/A pipe from Rockauto, when it comes in i will compare it to the SRT-4 one i have at home. If this works out, it will be a new, cleaner setup then having the OEM pipe welded like i was planning. Thanks for the idea! As often as i've seen people have issue with the original part leaking due to rust, i might be able to sell mine since its a southern car with no rust issues.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Good idea man and no thank you for being open to the idea I mean theoretically it makes sense and yes would be much cleaner and cost affective

·
Premium Member
4,870 Posts
Good idea man and no thank you for being open to the idea I mean theoretically it makes sense and yes would be much cleaner and cost affective
No problem. I'm sure it'll be next week before i see it, but i'll come back and update this with pictures when i find out. I'm really hoping the ends of the tube that point towards the firewall are in the same place also (PTC vs neon). I have a brand new set of silicon heater core hoses to install so it would be nice to be able to use them.

·
Premium Member
4,870 Posts
Pt cruiser part is a bust. Not only are the hard lines not as long, they appear to be a different diameter and shape.
Plastic bag Sleeve Automotive exterior Personal protective equipment Automotive tire
. Someone could probably make this work if they wanted to cut some rubber lines to fit, but it won’t work for me since I already have the silicone heater core lines.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts