Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took it to change the oil (got about 1200 miles on it.) They couldn't find the right filter for it. They started to use the filter from the Dodge Stratus 2.4L engine. It was slightly longer and could hold more oil. I called up Autozone and they listed Fram part 3600. That's from a PT Cruiser Turbo. I told them to use that. Would it hurt to use the slightly longer filter that is used in the Dodge Stratus 2.4L?

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
Thats a bind

but do what you have to do for now...just make sure it aint no cheapy filter, and as soon as possible get the right one.

call your dealer and have send ya one :)

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
i would never use a fram, but that is up to you. it is all cardboard inside. the one for the pt should be the same.

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
http://www.frankhunt.com/FRANK/corvette/articles/oilfilterstudy/oilfilterstudy.html

This link is for an oil filter study. Interesting reading. I would not assume the filter for the PT Turbo is the same. while the Dodge Turbo II engine is shared by many Dodge cars, the GLHS uses a unique filter due to clearance issues. The only other vehicle to use it is some sort of Peugot

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
glhs837
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing