Dodge SRT Forum banner
81 - 90 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
In utfront has to be 30 in front and back can be as dark as you want. I run 10 on front and 5 back and I got pulled over a few times. They let it slide cuz I said my mom lives in st george and my old car had the dash warp since it was so hot and they let the fine go

Sent from my SGH-T959 using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
810 Posts
http://tintlaws.com/laws/IL/

Here is a website that has all the tint laws on the sidebar for each state. Fuck 35% all the way around. I'm about to do 5% in rear and 20% up front.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just had my 2010 Impala tinted last November and they would not put any darker than 50% (maximum allowable darkness per Minnesota state law). It has been a few years since I have done any tint work but I remember when you could sign a waiver and the installer would install what ever you wanted and that waiver made you liable and not the installer. Now in Minnesota the waiver means nothing. If an installer is caught installing darker tint on any vehicle they are automatically busted with a $10,000 fine. Now that's a bunch of BS! Now I have to learn how to do my own damn tint work. This sucks.

·
Registered
97 Posts
been driving around maryland w/ 20% for a year now, no hassles yet

·
Registered
810 Posts
I've had 5% all the way around on my car. I'm in Illinois. No hassles from cops. *knock on wood* I've had it like that for a year now.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1 Posts
Up-to-date tint laws

Welcome to TintLaws.com

Here is a website that has all the tint laws on the sidebar for each state. Fuck 35% all the way around. I'm about to do 5% in rear and 20% up front.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Just an update to tintlaws.com - that site hasn´t been updated for ages. Try Window Tint Laws - WindowTintLaws.org for current limits and up-to-date listings.

And 5 and 20% yes.. i think you can be super-ok with that.. My buddy has 5% on both his front side and rear side windows and he hasnt gotten any tickets yet. (CA) :bandit:

81 - 90 of 90 Posts