Dodge SRT Forum banner
61 - 80 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hmm...anybody from CO know about the law here? There are 2 entries in the PDF for CO. One says no to the fronts and ANY on back and back sides, the other says 27 all the way around....It's bad enough I haven't fixed the tint on my drivers side yet, I don't want to have to rip it off the pass. side too...that would suck. Arm gets fried when it's sunny :(

EDIT: wait..it says no side mirrors are required on the line that says NO in front, but both mirrors are req'd on the next line that allows 27 up front. Maybe you just have to have mirrors if you have 27. That would rule.

·
Registered
138 Posts
IA is 72.5% on the front, really isn't any different than factory tint
lol where is charlotte iowa?...im from knoxville an tryin to meet as many srt4 owners as possible...i just gave a kid a ride in mine 2 weeks ago an he sold his eclipse an went out an bought one hahaha...jus thought i'd throw that out there

·
Premium Member
29,105 Posts
Just so everyone in PA knows, the law doesn't say 70%. There is no number specified. The officer has to be able to see in the windows, but it doesn't say from where. So if he can see in the windows from 1 inch away, you should be able to fight it and win. I have the book of vehicle codes, so if anyone has a questions, PM me.

Just to clarify, I did get pulled over for tint and I got a ticket for it. I asked my father (a cop) what he thought and he said that he understands the law to mean you can't have anything on the front 3 windows and you can have anything on the rear 3 windows.

·
SRT of the Month
1,537 Posts
i heard you can only have it if you have a skin disease

·
Registered
66 Posts
Just so everyone in PA knows, the law doesn't say 70%. There is no number specified. The officer has to be able to see in the windows, but it doesn't say from where. So if he can see in the windows from 1 inch away, you should be able to fight it and win. I have the book of vehicle codes, so if anyone has a questions, PM me.

Just to clarify, I did get pulled over for tint and I got a ticket for it. I asked my father (a cop) what he thought and he said that he understands the law to mean you can't have anything on the front 3 windows and you can have anything on the rear 3 windows.
My car was broken into a couple years back in West Philly. The cop who wrote the report told me it was a good idea to get it tinted so it was tough to see anything inside, and that it was a great theft deterrent. It pretty much makes a thief move on to the next car that's not tinted.

Get a cop to write a recommendation for you based on theft risk and you should be able to fight any tickets successfully. Then just keep the paperwork in your glovebox. Anyone who gives you shit after that is just a dick, and if you fight it in traffic court and win they can't fuck with you again.

·
Registered
10 Posts
the link to the actual site that tells you what tints are allowed where isnt working for me, the second link, the one that explains everything does work.. is this just a me problem, or has the link gone down?

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
My car was broken into a couple years back in West Philly. The cop who wrote the report told me it was a good idea to get it tinted so it was tough to see anything inside, and that it was a great theft deterrent. It pretty much makes a thief move on to the next car that's not tinted.

Get a cop to write a recommendation for you based on theft risk and you should be able to fight any tickets successfully. Then just keep the paperwork in your glovebox. Anyone who gives you shit after that is just a dick, and if you fight it in traffic court and win they can't fuck with you again.
Dude they tax you for soda in philly. Do you really think a judge is going to give up that revenue because some flat foot says he thought it was a good idea to tint your windows? He's just gonna tell you that the law is the law and get better advice next time as he collects the 100 dollar fine..

·
Registered
88 Posts

PDF link is dead. I am in Utah as well and it sucks here. Why can't they have Vegas tint laws here. It is like 100 degrees out here.

·
Registered
81 Posts
good info, i just had to retint my car after moving to utah cause i had 35 and limits 43
wow somebody who lives in utah awesome i live here to and dont know many srt 4 owners. except when i go out to state street to cruise then i see a few

·
Registered
53 Posts
yeah it is awesome info for sure. cant believe what some states use, wow. in MS we have 28% limit now, better than most i guess

61 - 80 of 90 Posts