Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
good info, i just had to retint my car after moving to utah cause i had 35 and limits 43

·
Registered
5,810 Posts
well in texas i dont even know what the law is on tint but i have limo alll the way around and had it for 2 years and no problems so hopefully i stay that way

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah, some people will get away with having no problems with their tints. even though its illegal.

·
Registered
526 Posts
IA is 72.5% on the front, really isn't any different than factory tint

·
Registered
274 Posts
So for Michigan it said 4" on the front glass. Does that mean 4" of untinted or tinted glass is allowed?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Sorry, I meant the front SIDE glass. In Michigan it says something about 4" for the front side glass. Any thoughts?

·
SRTforums Photoshop Expert
7,282 Posts
maybe u can't have more than the top 4" on the sides as well as the front? which in theory looks stupid IMO .. lol

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Atleast Cali does in fact say 70 where as Colorado says NO. Technically then tint is legal on the fronts in CA. I say this because most cops say no tint period but they are obviously full of it even though the tint is minimal in order to be legal.

·
Registered
6,282 Posts
This needs to be a stickie.

Very Very good post.

·
Registered
897 Posts
suzq044 said:
maybe u can't have more than the top 4" on the sides as well as the front? which in theory looks stupid IMO .. lol
from what i have seen in MI, is you can only tint the top 4" of the windshield and the front side windows, looks very :gay: IMO, but to each their own. I have been up there several times, i have never had a problem, maybe its the out of state plates, they probably figure i'm just a dumb hick that can't read, much less figure out complicated laws :lol: forgot to mention, i have 5% on all windows and a 7" eyebrow on top and a 6" piece at the bottom of the windshield. To help darken the interior. You can barely see my steering wheel

·
Registered
81 Posts
I know for PA case you can get a waiver form for inspections.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Locutus said:
So for Michigan it said 4" on the front glass. Does that mean 4" of untinted or tinted glass is allowed?
Bah I hate Michigans tint laws. The law is 4" from the top only can be tinted on the front sides at any visibility. They lower half can not have any tint on it.
I see people driving around with the sides tinted all of the time. State troopers are the biggest dicks about it. I've heard stories of people being forced to peel it off right in the street. But I'm sure the officer was breaking some laws in doing that. I'm also sure the people who had the windows tinted were being jerks about it too so what comes around goes around. I'm getting my front sides tinted. Light. I just gotta not pull up next to any police.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts