Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 197 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was Shifter's idea, figured I would go ahead and create it and bump it before the races. Anything about F1 goes here
I'll go ahead and my my prediction Raikkonen will get WDC with Hamilton not far behind.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well thats good to hear, after a few races you will pick a few guys you like that you want to follow. That is if you havent already, any questions you have you can post them up here.

·
Banned
396 Posts
Why do the engines rev to 19k rpm? My dad said it was because of a lack of torque, but I think that a V-8 (even a 2.4) would still have some torque.

Oh, I'm following Raikonen. I've always liked Ferrari's.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well they capped it at 19k this year, last year they were going into 20 and at Brazil bmw went for 21k. As for why they need to hit 19k for their power, well I'm not going to answer that now for the sake of I don't have a good explanation and dont want to say something wrong. But mainly they do things to keep the car light and take up less space. And yes they don't have as much torque as hp but going to the higher revs gives them more power.

·
Registered
128 Posts
you HAVE TO SEE F1 in person its amazing i saw it at montreal 2 years ago and going this year kimi has always been my fav i liked him when he rode with mer though and alonso can kiss my ass hailmanton for his first race did really good and renault is gonna suck ass this year so werid how one year teams are the shit and the next year they fall apart ive been following f1 for 10 years and ive only been alive 16 greastes sport and most watch sport around the world well thats my 2 cents

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Shifter said:
Still the best footage from last year. The racing gets so much better towards the end of the year; the stakes are raised like in an NFL playoff game.

Alonso, Hungaroring. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqByEdY4vqY
That race was when Alonso lost his wheel nut and Button won his first race right. That was a very different race but some good driving there.

On another note something I've been looking for a long time is f1 1600x1050 wallpapers. I've got a current one of Kimi in mclaren from http://carwalls.com/ but now am looking for one of him in a Ferrari. Anyone know where to find some?

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
matt32 said:
you HAVE TO SEE F1 in person its amazing i saw it at montreal 2 years ago and going this year kimi has always been my fav i liked him when he rode with mer though and alonso can kiss my ass hailmanton for his first race did really good and renault is gonna suck ass this year so werid how one year teams are the shit and the next year they fall apart ive been following f1 for 10 years and ive only been alive 16 greastes sport and most watch sport around the world well thats my 2 cents
I hope to be able to go to one next year, I told my brother we are going out of the country for a race, but don't know which one yet. Renault does not have a driver for a WDC or WCC, Kovalainen made too many mistakes and Fisichella does not have what it takes to be a WDC. I also miss the blue.

·
Registered
128 Posts
^ yeah the ing light orange and white is messed up the light blue was sex . both of the drivers right now are mess up if Fisichella does not finish a race in the top 3 more then twice they will toss his ass. If you plan on going to a race stay at a nice hotel by i got to meet the hole Ferrari crew and got there autos on my progarm quide and meet rubans and shumacher on the season micheal almost won every race it was 04 i belive and alonso and sato are really small dont go to indy to see the race it sucks no good sitting try to get a seat in a airpin best noises and visuals

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This has to be Fisichella's last year. For the past 2years we have seen what a renault in the right hands can do and fisi was not matching Alonso. Piquet Jr is waiting for his turn now. Yeah I don't want to go to indy, just because I want to go out of the country. Once I get the money saved up(hopefully) then I'll pick a place.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Yeah I'm real disappointed in Kovalainen's start, I hope he'll just bounce back and show some form.

As for Hamilton I am just amazed at how good he is. You can't overstate how good he was in Australia.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Moving Floor
Ferrari?s floor has come under scrutiny from rival teams, who suspect there may be a mechanism that allows it to move illegally.

Although he did not name Ferrari or specify floors, McLaren boss Ron Dennis says he is confident that are cars whose performance will be affected in the near future if certain technical rule interpretations are clarified.
http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/formulaone/36099/

Dennis accuses BMW of showboating
Later, the British chief told reporters: "Our race was seriously compromised by the Heidfeld strategy, which we just didn't understand. It smacked of showboating in the opening part of the race."
Ron Dennis is F'n crazy
http://www.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/070319091839.shtml

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Forced said:
Moving Floor
Ferrari?s floor has come under scrutiny from rival teams, who suspect there may be a mechanism that allows it to move illegally.

Although he did not name Ferrari or specify floors, McLaren boss Ron Dennis says he is confident that are cars whose performance will be affected in the near future if certain technical rule interpretations are clarified.
http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/formulaone/36099/
Last year was the battle of the Mass Dampers vs. the Flexi Wings

This year we have Moving Floors waiting for a challenger :ninja: :hi:

·
Premium Member
6,333 Posts
The technology that goes into these cars is amazing and one of the main reasons I follow F1. The American Lemans series is the same way, just loaded with leading edge technology. Looks like Kimi and Massa Ferrari's will be tough, but watch out for Alanzo. Heidfield and the BMW could make it an interesting season.

I really want to go to the Monte Carlo Grand Prix in Monaco. 5K for a complete package for two. :eeeek:

1 - 20 of 197 Posts