Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 155 Posts

·
Thuper Moderator
8,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you all know, there have been several issues around here lately and much discontent about the newly selected moderators; myself being one of them. We are trying to work with you guys to get things together and get Cali back on track. If you have suggestions, post them here. This thread is being opened for a civilized discussion. Any Negative unnecessary posts will be deleted and further set back the Cali section. Basically, if you guys try to rip my thread apart by posting things that are not helpful, they will be deleted, the thread will be locked, and we will be back at square one. I can also add this; you guys want the other Moderators and Administrators of the site to look at you and listen to what you are suggesting or saying as well as stop locking your threads, prove to them you can post in a respectful way and make progress in this section.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
So for example if someone were to say that Monster and you are under qualified due to how long you guys have been on this forum, you're not gonna delete it? Hypothetically speaking of course.

·
Forum Moderator
5,335 Posts
So for example if someone were to say that Monster and you are under qualified due to how long you guys have been on this forum, you're not gonna delete it? Hypothetically speaking of course.
i don't think your "join date" defines your qualifications to be/not to be a moderator at all.

good idea Studlee, good luck:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
i don't think he meant to keep them, out, but maybe just to keep them from post whoring, threats, just the normal immature stuff?
Exactly. All we want is a little equality. How do you expect us to be chill if mods have double standards? If this is an open forum why is it that upskirt and tit threads can still be open in ot yet people are getting banned and given infractions in cali for the same thing? Look I'm all for that kind of stuff but why must it be so biased? I am sick of hearing "it's in off topic so it's ok". Where in the site rules which cali must follow to a T does it say it's prohibited except for ot? Or NSFW posts are unacceptable except in ot? And people like rubicon can come into the cali section day after day and violate rule number 1?

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
i don't think your "join date" defines your qualifications to be/not to be a moderator at all.

good idea Studlee, good luck:thumbsup:
You are apsolutley right. Join date has nothing to do with mod qualifications. But it's not a question about join date, it's about experience, interaction, contributions, respect. My post is based on what I just stated. I've been here since '04 but have been most active for the past couple of years, I don't consider myself qualified, there are other people that have been here the same amount of time and know almost everyone in the cali section and are well respected members.

I think before we can see what we can do to get cali back on track is to fix the current situation and not ignore it or there will always be an underlying of tension and uneasyness.

·
"Made" Member
75,379 Posts
Exactly. All we want is a little equality. How do you expect us to be chill if mods have double standards? If this is an open forum why is it that upskirt and tit threads can still be open in ot yet people are getting banned and given infractions in cali for the same thing? Look I'm all for that kind of stuff but why must it be so biased? I am sick of hearing "it's in off topic so it's ok". Where in the site rules which cali must follow to a T does it say it's prohibited except for ot? Or NSFW posts are unacceptable except in ot? And people like rubicon can come into the cali section day after day and violate rule number 1?
Off topic threads are NOT located on the Active Topics list. The Cali forum is like
any of the other forums that are expected to conduct themselves in a civil manner.
You now have moderators to help with all of the things you are complaining
about, but now that things are changing, there is only more complaining.

·
Thuper Moderator
8,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You guys do not want us to follow the rules to the T. We are very laxed when people post. We do not hand out infractions first like lined out in the rules, we try to edit threads to meet our rules. If there is a Thread that full of people breaking rules (to the T that is), we delete or lock it instead of handing out infractions for every single post made by a person like lined out in the rules. Granted your right, we do delete things we do not find appropriate, but if you know you can get away with pictures or language in OT but not Cali, why would you post them here? There is a reason OT is not on the active topics page. We do not want someone from the internet that is looking for help about their car and have a Google search for a thread lead them into something that has changed from a problem thread to a bunch of pictures of girls in thongs or anything else for that matter. If they wanted that stuff, they would go looking for it. I see what your saying but you have to look at the site as a whole as well.

·
"Made" Member
75,379 Posts
If you WANT to conduct yourself in that manner, head over to OT or even better,
go play in War Stories for a while. Other than that, we expect you to conduct
yourself in a manner that would make other people from Cali happy to post in
this forum.

·
Thuper Moderator
8,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You are apsolutley right. Join date has nothing to do with mod qualifications. But it's not a question about join date, it's about experience, interaction, contributions, respect. My post is based on what I just stated. I've been here since '04 but have been most active for the past couple of years, I don't consider myself qualified, there are other people that have been here the same amount of time and know almost everyone in the cali section and are well respected members.

I think before we can see what we can do to get cali back on track is to fix the current situation and not ignore it or there will always be an underlying of tension and uneasyness.
I posted this earlier but you may not have seen it so I will post it again. It is not up to Cali to adjust the standards of a moderator so who they want will get chosen. I'm sure we could all find a reason why everyone on this forum should not be a moderator or admin. That is why the owners of the site decide. Just like it is not up to the public who becomes a police officer, as well as it is not up to the co-workers of a company who is hired. Their input is welcome in both cases but is not ultimately the deciding factor.

Edit: Thank you guys for your civilized input

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
All I've been trying to say is this whole "change" was handled the wrong way. We now have more mods then active posters in the cali section. And with the flood over of tools from ot and their blatant bashing and useless posts cali is way more ot now then it ever was before.

·
Banned
40,227 Posts
All I've been trying to say is this whole "change" was handled the wrong way. We now have more mods then active posters in the cali section. And with the flood over of tools from ot and their blatant bashing and useless posts cali is way more ot now then it ever was before.
Beside myself..who else from OT has come over here and posted?

·
Banned
40,227 Posts
Sphipps, Please do not stir the pot, even though you are not a Cali member, I encourage your input as well but in a constructive way.
I am not stirring the pot....TurboHighPSI made the comment "And with the flood over of tools from ot and their blatant bashing and useless posts cali is way more ot now then it ever was before." I just want him to claify who "THEIR" are?

1 - 20 of 155 Posts