Dodge SRT Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2004 SRT-4
236 Posts
ST Coilovers makes a single set for both regular Neons and the SRT-4, however dispite adjusting them 10 million times I could not get them to stop rubbing with stock wheels / tires. Wider / larger wheels and tires were even worse.
Are you talking about coilovers? (ST-X)

If so.....rubbing on the fenders or what? Were you too low?

I've had those before (on a different car), and they're not bad since they're made/developed by KW (sorta)....but I was trying to keep this car stock-ish.

·
Registered
5,172 Posts
Are you talking about coilovers? (ST-X)

If so.....rubbing on the fenders or what? Were you too low?

I've had those before (on a different car), and they're not bad since they're made/developed by KW (sorta)....but I was trying to keep this car stock-ish.
Yep, those are the ones. I had them at the highest height settings and they were rubbing on the inner fender metal rib on tight cornering at intersections where the intersecting roads were not level.

·
Registered
2004 SRT-4
236 Posts
Yep, those are the ones. I had them at the highest height settings and they were rubbing on the inner fender metal rib on tight cornering at intersections where the intersecting roads were not level.
At their highest setting they would rub? :unsure:

Any pics of the car where you have them set now, if you still have them?

Did you pair them with stock upper mounts too, btw?

·
Registered
5,172 Posts
At their highest setting they would rub? :unsure:

Any pics of the car where you have them set now, if you still have them?

Did you pair them with stock upper mounts too, btw?
No longer on the car; I'm back on stock struts (brand new top-2-bottom) and Stage 1 springs.

When I had the STs on they were on new stock mounts as well. They come with their own rotation bearings IIRC.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Stock neon struts with neon springs will work in a pinch,only issue is lower ft. Spring perches are very close to 17in. Factory tires.
I had 4 neon struts and springs on my car for a while......it actually handled pretty damm good and rode better as the neon springs have many more coils.

Reactions: snobrdrdan2

·
Registered
2004 SRT-4
236 Posts
Stock neon struts with neon springs will work in a pinch,only issue is lower ft. Spring perches are very close to 17in. Factory tires.
I had 4 neon struts and springs on my car for a while......it actually handled pretty damm good and rode better as the neon springs have many more coils.
🤔
Well that’s something to think about!

good info/thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
2004 SRT-4
236 Posts
FYI/NEWS FLASH!

ModernPerformance has them in stock again!....I just ordered a set the other day (and just received today):

21 - 30 of 30 Posts