Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have part #s, 5290181AA for front and 5290183aa and 5290182aa for rears. But can't find a site showing in stock.

Supposedly summitracing has some rears, but it notes clearly upon checkout ship date is estimate and it ships from manufacturer.

Thought about coilovers but concern there is with winter bolts that are 215/45/16, so a little wider, not sure if there will be rubbing issues.

·
Super Moderator
16,958 Posts
I have part #s, 5290181AA for front and 5290183aa and 5290182aa for rears. But can't find a site showing in stock.

Supposedly summitracing has some rears, but it notes clearly upon checkout ship date is estimate and it ships from manufacturer.

Thought about coilovers but concern there is with winter bolts that are 215/45/16, so a little wider, not sure if there will be rubbing issues.
Oh wow... my first thought (and I'm sure you checked) was Modern Performance, because I just got a full set of 4 from them a year ago.

Modern SRT4 Struts (Discontinued)

My original set was still good, but I tossed them out, I almost wonder if that was a mistake now. I just figured they'd be around a lot longer.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I was going to suggest Monroe as an aftermarket option because I found them to be similar to stock in previous applications. However, it appears they don't make them for the SRT4... Curious to see what you come up with.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh wow... my first thought (and I'm sure you checked) was Modern Performance, because I just got a full set of 4 from them a year ago.

Modern SRT4 Struts (Discontinued)

My original set was still good, but I tossed them out, I almost wonder if that was a mistake now. I just figured they'd be around a lot longer.
Oh yeah I've spent hundreds upon hundreds at Modern Performance over the years :)

Bad thing about having an old car is parts are hard to come by, and I'm leery of anything used out there. 😬

Reactions: snobrdrdan2

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Koni Inserts?
I saw those, but this threw me off, You would need to use a drill and a right angle grinder to cut, modify the factory housings to put these into your OEM factory strut housings.

Autozone has some duralast struts for rear, https://www.autozone.com/suspension...trut/p/duralast-strut-st34-16982r/1070771_0_0, and sensen loaded for front, https://www.autozone.com/suspension...sen-loaded-strut-assembly-92140237/387937_0_0 .... But that just seems shaky.

I may just have to go with coilovers, looks like these show in stock.
Raceland - https://raceland.com/product/dodge-neon-srt4-coilovers/
Megan - https://www.modernperformance.com/p...-4-suspension-and-chassis-coilover-suspension
BC - https://www.modernperformance.com/p...-4-suspension-and-chassis-coilover-suspension

I've read mixed things on the Raceland, but for that price and just needing to get me by at 170k miles, might be the way I go. Only worry is those 215/45/16 winter bolt ons.

Anyway, good to see some people still kicking on the forums!

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
I got one of the last sets from Modern year or two ago. I point people towards KW because everything else is shit.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well boys, just pulled the trigger on racelands, at $439 shipped I just couldn't beat that value. Read all 32 pages of the official raceland coilover thread, what a pile of shitposting, 90% ppl who didn't own them just bashing them due to cost alone, 10% actual owner feedback, with like 2% who reported dislike for some reason and 8% who reported they were fine.

I know they won't be as good as Megan or BC, but going to beat completely shot stock struts with 170k miles on them, and should serve the purpose for a car which mostly sits parked as I work from home. Will post back with some pics whenever they arrive and get installed.

Reactions: AlmightyFork

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Well boys, just pulled the trigger on racelands, at $439 shipped I just couldn't beat that value. Read all 32 pages of the official raceland coilover thread, what a pile of shitposting, 90% ppl who didn't own them just bashing them due to cost alone, 10% actual owner feedback, with like 2% who reported dislike for some reason and 8% who reported they were fine.

I know they won't be as good as Megan or BC, but going to beat completely shot stock struts with 170k miles on them, and should serve the purpose for a car which mostly sits parked as I work from home. Will post back with some pics whenever they arrive and get installed.
I hope they work for you. My own experience with people who have run them on their '4s and other cars isn't stellar, both with regards to ride quality and actual durability of the units themselves. Keep us in-the-loop, good or bad.

·
Registered
98 Posts
The problem with Racelands, in general, is the quality of the dampers (or lack thereof).
The construction is fine, but they're not stainless....so any salt/winter climate will definitely trash them. Outside of that they'll hold up.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Would this length of the 10mm inside the 3/4" be fine you guys think? Never done this install before, been doing tons of research and planning, this is the one thing I'm unsure of.

--- Edit --- the above worked just fine for taking apart stock struts. The gotcha with new racelands however is new strut has a hex to hold in place vs 10mm bolt, AND, the nut on it is a different size at 7/8", so you will need a whole new setup to tighten the raceland. Have to use a long extension allen key (3/8 in. Drive SAE Long Reach Hex Bit Socket Set, 7 Piece) and a wrenchable 7/8" with open top like this (https://www.amazon.com/TEKTON-4929-...t=&hvlocphy=9028712&hvtargid=pla-499740306677)

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Giving an update to this thread as I said I would. Got the new racelands installed. Ended up doing rears twice as I reused stock rear mounts first time and there was still this horrible clunk so bought some new rear mounts from moderperformance which cleared up that issue.

I raised it a bit high since I didn't really need/want to lower it and still need some clearance for snow in winters, but overall not bad at all. Can't really compare w/stock ride since that was 18 years ago, haha, but compared to blown 18 year old stock struts, very very nice, rides so much better. For $439 shipped for all 4 can't really beat it.

Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Reactions: AlmightyFork
1 - 15 of 15 Posts