Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the sensor in the cat a unique one to this car or is it a standard one I can get ahold of without going to the dealer and paying $90 for one? The parts stores aren't listing one newer than '01 and only for the 2.0. This is for my race pipe I had made I'm installing it tonight and didn't want to have to use the one from the cat.

·
Registered
180 Posts
The one in the cat is the same as the one in the pipe. It's a standard Chryco 4-wire O2 sensor--except the connector is different. I can't say what other cars, if any, have the same type connector.

BTW, Mopar O2 sensors seem to be better than most. I've heard of lots of guys getting Bosch sensors from the auto parts stores that didn't last very long, or that didn't work at all.

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
The sensors that they sell at the autoparts stores usually need to be hard wired in. There is no connector on them.

Pay the $90. Thats a cheap price for 4 wire o2. If your making a racepipe, then your better off just leaving your sensor. your going to trigger the check engine light anyways once you remove the cat.

·
Premium Member
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Exhaust Depot said:
The sensors that they sell at the autoparts stores usually need to be hard wired in. There is no connector on them.

Pay the $90. Thats a cheap price for 4 wire o2. If your making a racepipe, then your better off just leaving your sensor. your going to trigger the check engine light anyways once you remove the cat.
I just tryed my stock O2 sensor and OH WOW it worked just fine, no CEL at all. Just as the guys at the exaust shop said....

·
Registered
113 Posts
daytonagts said:
Exhaust Depot said:

I just tryed my stock O2 sensor and OH WOW it worked just fine, no CEL at all. Just as the guys at the exaust shop said....

WAaa?? You are saying that you installed an O2 sensor in your car with no cat and did not have a CEL?
Doesnt the SRT4 have a front O2 sensor and then a secondary O2 after the cat??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
abaddsm
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing