Dodge SRT Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apparently this pile of shit i'm stuck in seems to get deeper and deeper. I had a 92 talon tsi worked to the balls, 12 sec car... lasted only a month after i bought it because of electrical issues, and is now in pieces in my garage. Now i buy an Srt-4, brand new...only 1352 miles on it right now and i've been getting the rough idle, and about 10-12 miles on the gallon. Now i'm convinced the TPS has gone.
I was milking the very little gas i had left in the tank to see if i could break my record of 135 miles on a full tank of gas so i was not boosting at all just to see if it would improve. The check engine light comes on... i figure it was because it was running on fumes so i go to fill up. As i'm driving i notice that the rpms don't go down... in fact i rode all the way there without once touching the gas pedal and the revs stayed at about 2200, when i hit the clutch they would jump. This went on on and off, i even reset the pcm to get rid of the check engine light...and it worked until I took the car out again and the same shit happens. This is why people say fuck american cars, who the hell needs more problems. Its a brand new goddamn car and its already throwing codes and accelerating by itself, not to mention shaking at idle. Now if this happened with an import there would be recalls and the japanese automakers would be throwing themselves out of windows before heads began to roll...all because of making an inferior product. Now why in the fuck is it that "America the great", all the while trying to keep up with the japanese, doesn't give a fuck about putting out shit and says "eh, well shit happens...deal with it." I love the car but I refuse to take it in the ass because I want to believe the srt-4 is the greatest thing to happen in the auto industry... CUZ ITS NOT!!! :flame: And if you wanna stand up for American cars because it's the "American" thing to do you're a fucking TOOL!!! I once thought like that and it looks like i'm gonna get served for my ignorance... on the bright side warantee covers it so its no skin off my nuts but all i've gotta see is one more problem or one more excuse before I say goodbye srt-4. What i'll get next i don't know. I know people have had even more serious problems than this but frankly i don't give a damn... i've worked too long and too hard, and spent too much money to watch this go up in smoke. Thems my 2 cents. Let me know what you all think... i'm soo pissed :ninja:

·
Registered
858 Posts
Sorry to hear that.

Go buy an import. Be sure to drop at least 30 grrr. Then read up on the purported 'quality' of Japanese cars and other Asian imports. The Japanese have a great ideal - but it doesn't mean their cars are perfect or better than their American counterparts.

Sucks to have a problem, but it's not out of the ordinary. Get it fixed, you'll be a happy camper.

·
Registered
9,151 Posts
damn, what a bitch post....

take it in for warranty work. thats what its there for...

not to mention that every single car cant be made without problems.. its all electronics and mechanical devices.. they WILL fail once in a while.....

damn, go buy your honda ****

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I know a guy that has had a lemon Honda. I know a guy who had a lemon Porsche. My neighbor just had his 5 day old Bentley roadster bought back by the dealer because the tranny kept going out. I can also name a few more imports/domestics that have been lemons. I can name 5 people with SRT-4's that have had constant problems, but I can name 100's that haven’t. Suck it up, get it fixed and STFU. Otherwise sell it, and STFU. Either way, STFU. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
almost 8k miles and not a SINGLE problem. Things happen to every car. American or Import. THATS WHY THEY COME WITH A WARRANTY. You sound very immature and uninformed when it comes to dealing with a car issue. IT HAPPENS, sorry you got one of the FEW SRT-4's that is having a problem.

Btw, my 2002 Nissan SER Spec V had MAJOR recalls, and it was an import. Hmmm, strangley, the SRT-4 has had no major recalls. :eveilgrin

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Roo said:
I know a guy that has had a lemon Honda. I know a guy who had a lemon Porsche. My neighbor just had his 5 day old Bentley roadster bought back by the dealer because the tranny kept going out. I can also name a few more imports/domestics that have been lemons. I can name 5 people with SRT-4's that have had constant problems, but I can name 100's that haven’t. Suck it up, get it fixed and STFU. Otherwise sell it, and STFU. Either way, STFU. Thanks.
Oh i agree 100% but people have been having the same problems over and over, and posting the same questions over and over, these aren't freak things amd if it weren't for these boards i would have no clue about the TSBs out for the car and I wouldn't be told by dodge either

·
Banned
4,312 Posts
Roo said:
Wow.

A post by Roo that:
A) Made complete logical sense.
B) I completely agree with.
C) Is true.

Couldnt of said it better myself.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
NCNTRL516 said:
Oh i agree 100% but people have been having the same problems over and over, and posting the same questions over and over, these aren't freak things amd if it weren't for these boards i would have no clue about the TSBs out for the car and I wouldn't be told by dodge either
Hey it's life, shit happens. Get it fixed and move on. If it happens 3x, get a lemon lawyer.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
DewieJR said:
almost 8k miles and not a SINGLE problem. Things happen to every car. American or Import. THATS WHY THEY COME WITH A WARRANTY. You sound very immature and uninformed when it comes to dealing with a car issue. IT HAPPENS, sorry you got one of the FEW SRT-4's that is having a problem.

Btw, my 2002 Nissan SER Spec V had MAJOR recalls, and it was an import. Hmmm, strangley, the SRT-4 has had no major recalls. :eveilgrin

Dude i am very mature about things, and very logical. I had been without a car for over 8 months and dealing with the dick that sold me the POS DSM constantly trying to get it to run and playing the blame game. If you were put 8 grand in the hole in 3 months i think you'd be a little less "mature" when a brand new car wants to give out on you

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Trade it in for a fucking bicycle you pansy. No TPS problems there, and just think...no gas....whiner.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
smoger said:
almost 25k, no problems..

and uh.. the motor is from mexico?
Yea sounds right, i'm not doubting the motor at all... i believe it'll last a real long time if i don't blow it up doing something stupid but if one tiny little electrical component goes then it throws the whole car outta wack... learned that the hard way and those electricals are the toughest to weed out and fix...mechanical...no prob

·
Super Moderator
35,448 Posts
my point is that parts of the car are made all over the world.. same for imports. my grandmoms camry was made in america.. there isnt some kind of poison in the soil here that makes cars fall apart..

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
23k miles. The only issue i had was my bolt breaking off my caliper. I prefer jap cars though. I personaly t hink they are more refine. Look at the nissan line interior and compare it to the doge, night and day. Thats my opition though.

This is the first american car i ever bought. Im impressed with its power.

1 - 20 of 154 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.