Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now FINALLY available. We have, in stock, our Grip Tuning Stainless Steel Perforated hoods for Neon/SRT4. Photos can be seen on the front page at www.griptuning.com

"DODGE NEON PERFORATED HOOD:

Want a unique look for your Neon? Check out GRIP's new mesh hood! Now you can show off your engine without having to lift the hood! This hood is made out of perforated stainless steel and utilizes the stock hood hinges; leave natural or paint the color of your choice. The perforations help keep your engine cool too, great for Neon racing enthusiasts. Availability is limited. To reserve a hood, find out about pricing, or if you just have questions please call (866) 928-4968."

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
Nice unique item. From what i gather the eliments will not get into the engine correct? Just asking cause i know others will ask. :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Exhaust Depot said:
Nice unique item. From what i gather the eliments will not get into the engine correct? Just asking cause i know others will ask. :)

http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=283852

Well, the hood *is* perforated stainless steel. So there are holes in the hood, albeit very small. Yes, under certain conditions some water will get thru the hood, but from our impromptu testing, not an excessive amount.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
whites97 said:
Just don't leave it outside in the winter... because that snow on a hot hood... not a good combination. Kinda strange, because you guys are from Michigan.
Yes, I would not suggest leaving this hood on during snow season. :)

·
Registered
12,124 Posts
My hood showed up yesterday. It looks amazing! My painter was really excited about it as well. I think he may buy an SRT-4 just to get the hood. :)
I will post pictures when it's done getting painted. Actually, I have a few of it just after arriving. Not the best quality photos, but I'll post them up.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks good my friend. Can't wait to see it painted and installed. (I'm still curious as to what exactly you're going to have done to it....I need to see it). Keep us posted.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
WOW! talk about different. I wonder how it would look with a neon light under the hood. Or how about polished?!!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
acrbill said:
WOW! talk about different. I wonder how it would look with a neon light under the hood. Or how about polished?!!
I am also interested in seeing it polished. We might pull that off. However, one night, I'll take some pics with the neons on. It's siiiiick.

·
Registered
12,124 Posts
[/IMG]

There's more photos in the Showoff forum. The quality on the hood is great, and it's super light. I had it painted, and I'm very happy with the results.

·
Registered
12,124 Posts
I'd like to talk briefly about the cooling on this hood.
I can drive around all I want, boosting and cruising, and when I come to a stop, I can hold my hand anywhere I want on the hood with no discomfort, except directly over the valve cover and turbo. The sides are even cool. This thing definately gets the heat out of the engine bay.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
grip_tuning said:
acrbill said:
I am also interested in seeing it polished. We might pull that off. However, one night, I'll take some pics with the neons on. It's siiiiick.
I saw your stuff at SEMA, Very nice I like seeing the old MI supported in Vegas! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Pit Viper said:
I'd like to talk briefly about the cooling on this hood.
I can drive around all I want, boosting and cruising, and when I come to a stop, I can hold my hand anywhere I want on the hood with no discomfort, except directly over the valve cover and turbo. The sides are even cool. This thing definately gets the heat out of the engine bay.
I was thinking about the same thing... Name it, THE COOL HOOD! :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts