Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
at 17 psi range (plus or minus) on the egt never gets above 1400, rarely even that high. if you get on say...80% throttle and the boost goes way up the egt climbs to near 1500 (i didnt keep doing it cause i didnt want to do anything bad)

wot seems fine cause fuel dump but lots of boost without wot=high temps.

with the egt right AFTER the turbo what kind of TEMPS can i go to and stay SAFE? (hector?)

thanks! and i hope this helps some people.

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
I hit 800C right after the turbo. Redline on my meter is at 900C.

So you might be at the limit. EVentually when I make my tubular manifold, I will have the EGT probe at the actual runners.

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
.. Yeah w3rd. I need someone to hook me up with trusty gauges like A/F, EGT, how to install, etcetera.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
for the EGT unless you get a weld in you're not putting it before the turbo. even then i dont know cause its a little shallow and the weld-ins i've seen are kind of long. if you do it after the turbo you can do a clamp in pretty easy. get prolly 5 bits that lead up to the size you need. start the car, start drilling. once yer in shut the car off. let cool for 2 hours. come back, clamp in the probe, put the shield back on etc etc and yer done (more or less)

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
Actually, this here is the best way to install it:

Drill into the manifold and then thread it with a 1/8NPT Tap. SCrew in the bung, then insert the thermal couple and tighten the back nut and wala.
Thats how the EGT setup is on the GReddy , BLitz and HKS units. AUto meter and some others have a clamp type setup where they use some type of hose clamp that holds it in place. Im not to fond of that setup. NOt as clean of an install.

·
Registered
13,378 Posts
much appreciated. i'm gonna make my way up to the tampa are one wknd so i can watch & learn instead of asking all thes basic questions. 'preciate everyone that's giving advice to the uninitiated.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts