Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those considering a Wilwood Factory kit (the 12.2" Dynalite kit for stock wheel fit) or for those waiting on one currently on order:

Please note that these kits are DROP SHIPPED from Camarillo CA to the purchaser direct and do not pass through the TCE shop. While TCE does supply the hoses and fittings in house we do not stock the complete kit.

At this time the supply and demand for this kit, it's related parts, and the optional RED finish make it very hard to secure a firm shipping date from Wilwood. Meaning your order is entered at the time of the sale with TCE but you may be waiting on Wilwood for final product.

I say this as there is one kit yet to be delived for a few weeks. I'm sorry about this delay but it is not that you are waiting on TCE to handle the order. I've spoken to Wilwood and they assure me that they will fill all open orders in the next couple of weeks at the most. Seems originally we were waiting on red calipers, now on hats....

While I could perhaps avoid this delay by stocking the kit at my shop that would in turn bump the price up perhaps another $75+ for added shipping and inventory costs. I personally do not know of any Wilwood dealer who is stocking this kit, all drop ships, so the situation will be the same regardless from whom you purchase from.

TCE is sorry for these delays.

·
Registered
218 Posts
and i take it that this is my kit . thanks, for the fast shipping on your end Todd , i recived the hoses and fittings yesterday.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SLVRJAY2 said:
and i take it that this is my kit . thanks, for the fast shipping on your end Todd , i recived the hoses and fittings yesterday.
Ah, and you are not the only one. Just the longest one. Carl was to call you direct and update you to the expected ship date from Camarillo. Let me know if he does not.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Todd TCE said:
Ah, and you are not the only one. Just the longest one. Carl was to call you direct and update you to the expected ship date from Camarillo. Let me know if he does not.
no prob , i'll let you know. thanks for the heads up .

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, he told me too. I'm sorry you're getting stuck on this one. The hats seem to be the delay at the moment. At least he called to give you the straight skinny.

And it's more like: :buaaaa!:

·
Registered
218 Posts
hey Todd, no one ever called me to let me know whats up with my order , just wanted to let you know .
i kinda need to know how long its going to be since my stock calipers and rotors are shot . stock braking system cannot handle 150 to 40 mph stops to well !

i just don't want to go and buy new ones if my kit will be here in a week or 2 , thanks

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The status of Wilwood hats as of 4:45 today is that they are going out to be anodized on Tuesday. They will then be back and require laser etching on them with the Wilwood logo. The hats on BO can ship out asap if you elect NOT TO have the laser work done. Otherwise it will be post laser and probably a week later yet. There's not much more I can add to this, these are notes direct from the manufacture.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
i did not know they were in camarillo, thats only 10 mins from me.

·
Registered
677 Posts
ooooooooooo!!!!.... do you guys do cryo treating so my rotors don't crack and stuff under heavy braking conditions? or is cryo treating a bad idea??

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
There at two customers waiting on these parts currently.

The hats are to be boxed and shipped out as soon as Tuesday (or Wed figuring on how things go after the holiday weekend).

I made the call to ship them less the laser etched logo on the hat. They quoted me another couple of weeks for this and given that you don't even see it on the car I wanted to get the product in folks hands sooner. If anyone WANTS to wait even longer get hold of me and say so.

·
Registered
218 Posts
thanks Todd for being such a great vendor and keeping the customer's updated , looking forward to putting these on .

thanks again , jay

1 - 17 of 17 Posts