Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I own a 2003 Mazdaspeed protege and I just wanted to stop by and say hi. I love the SRT-4 and if I had it to over I would definatly still be deciding between the two best sport compact cars of 2003 (srt-4, and MSP). To make it short and simple just wanted to say you guys have a kickass car and I hope I see some SRT-4's in my area so I can give them a "good" run for their money hahaha... Feels good having a neon that beats the daylights out of almost everything in it's class doesn't it? Also just so you know most of us MSP owners are on your side and think you gotta nice ride so return the favor stop by msprotege.com sometime and say wassup! Peace-

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Most of us will give props to MSP's and even SVTs or WRX's. Thanks for stopping by!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nope not just stoping by, ill be around :O ty for props. Anyone SRT's in Washington state area? We should have a SRT/MSP meet becuz seriously there arent many nice cars up in washington state, and definatly not enough MSP's or SRT's heh.. BTW My MSP has boost controller, turbo timer, 3" stainless exhaust, downpipe, custom intake, and im planning for a larger FMIC soon! Whats the first mod you guys are planning for your SRT's?

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
Welcome to the board! I did a little trolling over there, and I must say for an import board, I was impressed and some of the guys seem pretty cool. BUT, you still have those idiots overthere that use the age old excuse of "it's a neon, so it's crap." I hate that lame excuse. Maybe I'll join and see what's up. BTW, I do like the MSP. Real nice car! IMO, Mazda should of gave it more ballz!!

·
Super Moderator
6,317 Posts
BlackMSP said:
BTW My MSP has boost controller, turbo timer, 3" stainless exhaust, downpipe, custom intake, and im planning for a larger FMIC soon!
Sounds like you think you can take us with those added parts. J/K! :lol: Welcome BlackMSP!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I don't think it is trolling if you are being cool!

I love Mazda Speeds, I used to be a mazda owner myself (I had a miata) I traded it in for a SRT, cause I wanted some turbo power! and going back to my roots... I only had 2 neons before this one...

'95 sport
'98 R/T (lots o' mods)

-Kev

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
RUgoinup said:
BlackMSP said:
BTW My MSP has boost controller, turbo timer, 3" stainless exhaust, downpipe, custom intake, and im planning for a larger FMIC soon!
Sounds like you think you can take us with those added parts. J/K! :lol: Welcome BlackMSP!
Oh but I do! :D lol maybe if I had some slicks on!

·
Registered
867 Posts
Nice to meet ch'a,

I test drove a Black MSP and liked who well it corned, I took it to section of town that my SCCA friends and I like and played with it for about 15 min. I chose not to get it because I saw a SRT-4 dyno run and compared it to a MSP dyno run. If it weren't for the power difference, I would have one in my driveway (4-Doors). There is a-lot of power lurking around the MSP, cough (intercooler) if you can get to it.
Catch ya around.

-James

·
Registered
4,919 Posts
Welcome to the boards! I almost bought a MSP myself, except the wife like the SRT beter. I have found that it is easier to make a car that handles well go faster, than make a fast car handle. But 220 whp helps comfort me a bit. You are definatly on the right road to more hp's with the protege, the intercooler on that thing is dinky, they scrounged it of the deisal model in europe. Wth the exhaust in already, you are just about good to go. Plus you have a limited slip, something I would kill for (are you listening DCX?!?!?)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Love the MSP, the 6, and the RX-8. Have owned two Mazdas and they were very good cars. Tricked out an 81 GLC in 81 before SCCs were popular in the US.

Great to have you on board, will stop by your site.

·
Registered
165 Posts
el_jefe said:
Plus you have a limited slip, something I would kill for (are you listening DCX?!?!?)
You won't have to wait long. :D I went to the dealership in my area to get some info on the SRT-4 and the dealer said MOPAR is making an LSD. He said its due out soon or some time this summer. :D

·
Registered
107 Posts
redrims said:
el_jefe said:
Plus you have a limited slip, something I would kill for (are you listening DCX?!?!?)
You won't have to wait long. :D I went to the dealership in my area to get some info on the SRT-4 and the dealer said MOPAR is making an LSD. He said its due out soon or some time this summer. :D

I wonder how much it will be... I know the Quaife LSD that they make for the SHO costs close to $1300. :shock:

·
Registered
109 Posts
My guess is a low of $950 to a high of $1300. I bet Phantom grip will make one of their units for a couple hundred.

I will go with the Quaife when my budget will allow.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts