Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
04 Silver, Borg s257, high comp forged bottom end motor, semi built liberty's transmission
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hope this place isnt as dead as i think but here goes nothing.

I have a Libertys input 1/2 gear set that the 5th gear nut came undone while i was driving and had 4th pop out under slight load lucky i didnt destroy anything.
took the gear set out, tore it down inspected parts and everything looked good reassembled everything gears that spin, spin syncros are mint and click into gear replaced the nut with a freshy and everything is good now.

while assembing the gearset approaching the finish of putting the two shafts and shift linkage back into the aluminum housing, the snap rings that clip the bearings to the aluminum housing i have shims and im not sure if i installed them upside down as it seems to be impossible to remove them after they are installed.
while i had the factory manual pdf to follow im sure some stuff isnt in there due to it being aftermarket and different and it doesnt show this specific thing in the pdf.

Wondering if for whatever reason does anyone that has any pictures of their teardown/trans pics of the snap rings upclose before removing the housing piece?

im half thinking it is right but im also thinking its farked and if i need to disassemble this thing again for whatever reason im s.o.l for easy disassembly

·
Registered
04 Silver, Borg s257, high comp forged bottom end motor, semi built liberty's transmission
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There are some rebuild threads if you search. Most images are lost but at least one transmission thread still has them.
Did the thing, found some pics...
It seems like we did Gon messed up and the one shim was installed upside down.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts