Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i made it 3 days without a ticket.... leaving my local BK last night a cop followed me out and i didnt even drive 50 ft till he turned the lights on. BAM ticket for front plate behind the grille and my exhaust is too loud. another ignorant peice of shit bacon burger that doesnt believe that these cars came factory without mufflers.... he acutally told me that if i think these cars came without mufflers to call dodge and have them pay for the ticket. dude my luck sucks... so when i go to fight it im gonna have the front plate on the car and im going to fix my exhaust... im gonna put a cat on it and prolly take pictures to bring to court with me. same for the front plate. and if anyone is wondering it was an $85 ticket....i dont know if anyone would be able to help me out with this but on the ticket he wrote "no front plate" but my plate was on the car and i know he saw it because he said " you cant have the plate there because i cant see it." shouldnt he have written " front plate not visible" or sumthin like that? would this help me when i go to fight the ticket?
sry for the long post.

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
Damn, Rick, that really sux. You do have bad luck! I would take a pic of the grill of your car and bring it to court. And find WRITTEN literature from magazines stating that the car comes from the factory with no mufflers (I too have had cops not believe me when I tell 'em it comes with no mufflers). Bring that to court too. Whatever you can to fight your case. Good luck with that...at least you still have your license!

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
dude, do what i do put the plate in the front window

·
Registered
7,943 Posts
jesus...you do get all the bad luck. Ive been pulled over twice for my exhaust and plate I have to tell them to lool underneath to show them theres no mufflers. The cops just love to bust balls when they see our type of cars.

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
god damn...i had my plate there for like 8 months and they never even looked at me...and u need to get some mags for the exhaust

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
kotu100 said:
Well i made it 3 days without a ticket.... leaving my local BK last night a cop followed me out and i didnt even drive 50 ft till he turned the lights on. BAM ticket for front plate behind the grille and my exhaust is too loud. another ignorant peice of shit bacon burger that doesnt believe that these cars came factory without mufflers.... he acutally told me that if i think these cars came without mufflers to call dodge and have them pay for the ticket. dude my luck sucks... so when i go to fight it im gonna have the front plate on the car and im going to fix my exhaust... im gonna put a cat on it and prolly take pictures to bring to court with me. same for the front plate. and if anyone is wondering it was an $85 ticket....i dont know if anyone would be able to help me out with this but on the ticket he wrote "no front plate" but my plate was on the car and i know he saw it because he said " you cant have the plate there because i cant see it." shouldnt he have written " front plate not visible" or sumthin like that? would this help me when i go to fight the ticket?
sry for the long post.
lmao

rick DO NOT GO TO BROCKTON BK, I got pulled over for the foglights.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Doesn't removing the Cat make the car louder?

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
dmagro said:
Doesn't removing the Cat make the car louder?
haha yes, much louder, thats y im gettin a high-flow one put in.

·
Registered
696 Posts
kotu100 said:
haha yes, much louder, thats y im gettin a high-flow one put in.
So he had good reason to pull you over though :p

And if your car is "much louder" than stock, it's very likely he assumed correctly that you made modifications to the exhaust because Dodge, nor any car manufacturer would sell a sedan that made so much noise. He just incorrectly assumed it was because you took the mufflers off, which, since it's rare cars come w/o them, is somewhat understandable, but either way, is irrelevant to the ticket probably. It simply was too loud :(

I don't even have my front plate on yet, not even behind the grill... it's in the trunk :O

Tickets suck, but I don't know why so many people rip into the poor cop who's just doing his job. I know I've gotten some tickets that bothered me somewhat, but I've never thought less of the cop for issuing it, if anything, it just goes to show that at least he's doing his job and not letting everyone blatantly break the law right under his nose...

·
Registered
945 Posts
Blinky having your plate in your front window is illegal. im gonna check on having it in the grill tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
I know someone posted in the New england section about ct laws.. there is a law about behind the grill it is illegal.. no idea about mass..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts