Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now I know that most people in here are just going to read this and go "oh god, another ricer" or "nos is more pussies" and whatever else, so if that's all you have to say, then don't reply :evil: , haha, I just have some questions and want them andswered honestly. Sometime probably this summer I'll get nos in my srt, and I know that over time it can damage your engine and such, but if I replace pistons and whatever else in the engine with upgraded stuff, than it really isn't that big of a deal is it? and also, I've heard that nos on dodge engines isn't good, and I've also heard that it's perfectly fine, does anyone here really know?? And do you all think that this car would be able to handle nos? I'm not exactly sure on all the specifics about nos, so I don't know a lot about it, that's why I'm asking, so thanks for anyone who replies :lol:

·
Registered
14 Posts
depending on the shot u should be ok.. but remember when combining nitrous and turbo you really have to be careful i wouldnt run over a 50 shot.. due to the compression ration on the srt4 you should be ok with low boos tlvl and small shot of nitrous..
but my question to you is.. why? why not just get a boost controller and run 5 psi more and have the same hp increase without having to install nitrous..

·
Premium Member
784 Posts
I wonder who told you nitrous is not good on a Dodge. Sounds like someone making up things. Nitro will work on any car provided you have the fuel and you tune it right. Nitro if properly set up will not blow your engine up. If you really want to do it properly and make the car last you'll want a progressive controller which will put less stress on the engine. Of course you'll also want to dyno tune everything with wideband O2 feedback and make sure your A/F is good across the range.

However I have to agree with SRT4ownage. The car already comes with one power adder, I would try to make the most power from that before going to another one. Also you might want to consider that nitrous runs out and has to be refilled while boost from a turbo does not. By summer there might be some nice aftermarket stuff out there for the SRT-4 to raise the boost.

·
Registered
6,282 Posts
Terminator said:
Now I know that most people in here are just going to read this and go "oh god, another ricer" or "nos is more pussies" and whatever else
Yes, you are acting like a ricer. Because we don't call Nitrous, NOS. NOS is a brand of a nitrous kit. So stop saying NNNaaawwwwwzzz. Nitrous will give you more replies for people to help you out. :roll:

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
noTe said:
Terminator said:
Now I know that most people in here are just going to read this and go "oh god, another ricer" or "nos is more pussies" and whatever else
Yes, you are acting like a ricer. Because we don't call Nitrous, NOS. NOS is a brand of a nitrous kit. So stop saying NNNaaawwwwwzzz. Nitrous will give you more replies for people to help you out. :roll:
With the amount of aftermarket bolt-ons out there, why use Nitrous? Seriously, is this just something you want to put in your car to impress your friends? A complete nitrous system is like what 600? Like the other guy said get an MBC and add more boost to your turbo. Or get a bigger turbo or one of the staged packages. Hell I'd get an LSD before anything.

-Faast

·
Registered
6,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Geez noTe, excuse the hell out of me :shock: , haha. I just call is nos because it takes less effort to type than NITROUS. But thanks for the info guys, could getting a boost controller and upping the psi just by 5 really make it THAT much more powerful?? Like i said before I don't know a whole lot about turbos and NITROUS right now, so i'm tryin to find out more, and how much would a boost controller cost roughly?

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
Terminator said:
Now I know that most people in here are just going to read this and go "oh god, another ricer" or "nos is more pussies"
i agree with you, NOS is more pussies. :twisted:

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Terminator said:
Geez noTe, excuse the hell out of me :shock: , haha. I just call is nos because it takes less effort to type than NITROUS. But thanks for the info guys, could getting a boost controller and upping the psi just by 5 really make it THAT much more powerful?? Like i said before I don't know a whole lot about turbos and NITROUS right now, so i'm tryin to find out more, and how much would a boost controller cost roughly?
Anywhere from 50-100 bucks. You can also get an electronic version as well. Dollar for dollar it's one of the best mods you can do.

-Faast

·
Registered
6,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This thread died awhile ago, but hey. Just some more questions about a boost controller. What exactly is it, what does it do, where could you buy one, do they even have one for this car or are they pretty universal, and would a dodge dealer install it or would I have to find a place?? thanks

·
Registered
867 Posts
Controller

There are many types for the systems out there.
I would go with a BOOST and N2O controller if your serious about safety and max. output. With the boost controller I would lower the boost to accomidate the gain in cylinder pressure from the N2O. A dual switch boost controller and a simple window switch for the NOZZZ and it should work nicely.
There are a couple of fuzzy logic systems that work with juice controllers(window switches) out there that you can you use *BUT* a-lot of people are having problems with them for one reason or another and don't like them. For the street daily driver that just wants to drive and is not much for tuning a system for the barametric psi and temps and elevation hourly, I don't recommend it. But I hear great things from season racers and others who take the time apply the correct hardware and software and research for a platform.

A boost controller raises and lowers the pressure produced by a turbo. Electronicly or manually buy opening or closeing a waste-gate according to the wanted psi. Upping the psi makes the turbo spin at a higher rpm and keeps the waste-gate closed longer and increasing the compressesion ratio. Lowering the bar does the opposite. It's a tool and the gains and losses are mearsured in how you use it ( in my logic ). I really don't think MOPAR will come out with one for the dealer to install. If there was one made for this system I don't think it would be long before a parts and install section pops-up on the site.

Good Luck
-James

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
8 Participants
Acidryno
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing